OldCrappySupra - Wheels for my old bones

Exhaust :) 125mm steel tube goes from mufler to outside. Dying in carbon monoxide poisoning is not fun so this was my solution.

PC260797.jpg

All primed and ready. So it's time for the first start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhc6hWaFhvY

And it runs!!! I looked quite suprised how easy it started. I also look very very tired. Its been a hectic year.

Car was running for about 25min. Then adjusted timing and fuel pressure. No leaks. Everything was fine. Running rich but that was expected.
Then stopped the engine and there was a smell of coolant in cabin...........shiiiiiit!!!!!

1 hour and 30 mins later I had the carpet out and it was wet from the drivers side. The last owner had done some magic of his own. Body filler in heater return tube. Marking indicate that some pliers have been used and the tube was crakked.

PC260801.jpg

PC260807.jpg

So now I have to dismantle the dashboard........great. So something good and something bad.

Happy new year to all,

Well I decided that I find something positive from the coolant leak and then it hit me. Full service for a/c. I was planning to do it much later but since now I have to dismantle the interior it's a good time to change the o-rings and expansion valve from evaporator. Going to use the old compressor since it's in working order.

Was trying to find a new condenser but here in Finland no one can provide it for supra. Is there any other toyota model that would fit?

Heh.... summer here is short but it can go over +30c sometimes.:biglaugh: Last summer was quite cold but two summers before that had both a long heatwave period. In winter temps can go below -30c so we realy have four seasons here. I don't like driving windows open and don't like to sweat while driving so a/c is a must for me.

Was planning to use R12a but most likely will go r134a. It's the most commonly used refrigerant here so it's the cheapest option for me. Going to change all parts and then go to a a/c shop. Flush, leak test and refrigerant fill is about 70...80€ so it would be more expensive to get the R12a (+ equipment) since had to order it abroad.

Everything else is ordered except the condenser and compressor.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Interior is quite plain at the moment. Well now I can clean everything nicely. Heater core return pipe was cracked from four places. One crack had been repaired by someone that know what he was doing. One by someone who was not so sure and two by that idiot that used body filler and some silicone.

Toyota dealer here in finland can't provide the pipe anymore since it's discontinued. Either I get new done by some radiator shop or I take a part my other supra that has a non leaking pipe.

P1050813.JPG

P1050817.JPG

P1050819.JPG

-29c so I think that I will get back to OldCrappy some time later. Time for hibernation.