OldCrappySupra - Wheels for my old bones

GC89;2046511 said:
Question, Is there a reason you chose to increase the pump rpm vs just shimming the internal relieve spring in the pump? Shimming it usually brings the idle pressure up while keeping the pump speeds down. The only increase would be in the upper rpms which I didn't think was an issue.

I did shim the pump but like stated here so many times it's not the way to increase pressure in idle. In old pump it might help since springs tend to wear out in time. In new pump no.

Reason behind this mod is my experience on 7M engines since 1996. Have rebuild several stock engines and have noticed that the valve train has quite often wear marks that indicate insufficient oil flow. In two cases the cars that had the worst wear I could talk to owners and both cars had been driven alot in city trafic. So my thought was that when the engine and oil is hot the oil flow in not so good to valve train. This is just my own opinion and is based on my experiences of cars. Only time will tell if this works and prevent the wear on valve train.

Little something. Only 3 solicone joints from turbo to throttle body. Had to modify quite a bit that universal cooler.

Also now I'm wiser......I will never ever buy china tubing for intercooler. Only 6061 alloy from now on. That china shit was real pain to weld.

The unfinished cooler.

P6130441.JPG

P6130443.JPG

P6130449.JPG

P6130450.JPG

P6130451.JPG

P6130445.JPG

Engine and tranny finally in one big lump. Now I have to do some electrics and few things for fueling. Then I'm ready to put that lump in the car. After that it's welding time again. At the time I have to use the potato launcher style rear silencer but going to replace it with something that has stockish look.

P7090728.JPG

P7090729.JPG

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Looks like another manufacturer is making a Wiggins style clamp. They look like they are slightly cheaper as well.

I would love to run those but your right they are spending. Even the ones you posted which are cheaper than wiggins will run 300+ for 4 clamps which is the minimum you could do with an FFIM, 5 might be more realistic to ensure each pipe can be removed without pulling the whole front bumper.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
looks good! although i hate to point out your IC is offset to the right about 6" or more. something just bugs me about a crooked IC

HDi GT clamps are 75€ piece. I would need only 2 so it woud be 150€ > 165 USD. I realy like them but just can't justify spending that amount to couplings.

Intercooler is offset since it's in original place and I like to keep my front bumper intact. Goal for OldCrappy is that at the end it looks all stock.:biglaugh:

Small steps but going forward.

Interior is nearly ready. Some new black leather with grey stitching. Everything else is going to be stock except shifter knob. If I find a good original knob then I use it.

P8040751.JPG

Started fabricating the exhaust. From turbo to flex it's 2.5 inch and after that 3 inch.

P8040756.JPG

New location for oil filter and oil cooler. Still need to fabricate mountings for the cooler and run the lines. Using Mocal thermostat housing so can get the oil temp up and keep it there.

P8040745.JPG

P8040742.JPG