OldCrappySupra - Wheels for my old bones

Greetings from Finland,

OldCrappy is my latest project. Started it in 2012 and now 26.12.2015 finally the engine is running.

Engine no.1 : 7M-GTE + MPR 474-3 turbo, all bearings new, new stock pistons, MHG, ARP fasteners all around, all new gaskets, etc.....
Mods : 575cc siemens injectors, LS400 MAF, FPR, solenoid controlled wastegate, TurboSmart by-pass, thermostat controlled oil cooler, 3" exhaust, etc...
Transmission : R154, was auto. Chromoly flywheel, Spec stage 3+ clutch.
Suspension :Eibach + Koni sport, 17"
Brakes : front - 350Z brembo + R34 GT-T, rear - original + R33 GTR
Exterior : In future it's going to be all grey
Interior : Now all original.......well shifter knob is not original.

Engine no.2 (maby at 2017) : 7M-GTE, all forged internals, main gridle (design in progres), even more flow to oilpump, fully rebuild and ported head, new engine managment, etc........

Here is link to my blog where you can find more info and pictures of the build.

http://oldcrappysupra.blogspot.fi/2012/05/vanhan-tojon-jalleensyntyminen.html

P.S You lucky bastards. You have so good suppliers for parts there in US that I’m all green from being so envious.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• m+kasaus+5.jpg
    m+kasaus+5.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 119
  • P3301239.jpg
    P3301239.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 81
  • P9261931.JPG
    P9261931.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Nice project!

I like the fab work you are doing with the brakes, it seems like everywhere else in the world an end mill and/or lathe seems to be in everyone's garage.. hahaha. I would love to have a mill lathe combo to do small stuff like that adapter!

Some fabrication done. Made an exit for my MPR. 89X4 to 3". Now I need to make the elbow and modify my downpipe.

P2081159.JPG

My T4 to T3 adapter. Made it bit thicker so could fit the EGT sensor on it.

P2151185.JPG

Modify my exhaust manifold for my wastegate. Manifold had a rectangular wastegate flange and the one that I'm going to use has V-band flange. Also had to straighten manifolds turbo and block flanges. It seems that some one had forget to straighten them after welding. Now both are nice and strait/flat.

P2151186.JPG
P2151187.JPG

Next I'm going to blast the exhaust manifold and coat it with TechLines Black Satin. Also the exhaust housing of the turbo is going to be coated.

kakanator;1915280 said:
oh okay well thanks I may just get one online then.

Here is one that I was looking before decided to do it my self. http://www.racingpartdepot.com/servlet/the-2655/OBX-T3-TO-T4/Detail

Again it would have been cheaper (in a way) to buy one than make it my self. But when making it my self I could get the thickens right for my setup and fit the EGT sensor there as well. And also I have better material now.

Finally had the time to coat the exhausmanifold, turbine housing, turbine housing exit and T4>T3 flange. Used TechLines Black Satin coat.

P3121217.JPG

Also started fabricating adjustable cam gears. Yep I know you can buy them..... but the ones that you can buy are made from aluminiun and for me thats not good. Oldschool way is all steel ::monocle::. Toda and Jun use to make all steel gears.

P3121213.JPG

http://oldcrappysupra.blogspot.fi/

Now the parts have been in an owen and damn that Black Satin looks good.:biglaugh:

Had them in a owen for one hour in 600 celsius (1112 fahrenheit).

P3151228.JPG

Still -20 celsius during the night so it's going to take at least one month before I can get working on the car.

TechLine Black Satin. It's a ceramic coat that shoul hold temps over 2000 fahrenheit. Easy to use solvent base paint. One thin layer is enough. Before owening it's quite shiny but after owen it has realy nice satin finish.

Also the idea is that it keeps the enginebay temps down (since it's ceramic it's a good heat insulator) and no need for crappy exhaustwraps.:biglaugh:

Cam gears are almost ready. Only threads and then black oxiding to do. Gears have -10...0...+10 adjustment so it shoud be ok for my setup.

P3261237.JPG
P3261236.JPG
P3261231.JPG

Still quite cold during the night but days are getting warmer so mady next month OldCrappy starts to go back in one piece.:icon_bigg

Freezed my fingers today........ Yep I was at my garage.:biglaugh:

Had to go there and try my manifold/turbo combination in place. The reason why is that can't (or wont) use the original turbo oil drain hole in block. Going to route the turbo drain in oilpan so can get it more vertical. If I would use the original drain hole the drain hose would be almost horizontal. So needed some measurements for my soon modified oilpan.
Oil feed works great but the drain is quite a tight fit. Going to do a smal support/guide for the oil feed line so it wont get too cloce the manifold.

P3301239.jpg

P3301244.jpg

P3301241.jpg

Damn it was cold in the garage. It's warmer outside in the sun than in my garage. Well after one month it should be warmer.......

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Looking great, man.
I might need to look into that ceramic paint.
I'd like to coat my turbine housing and manifold, and save the wrap for the downpipe.

supraguy@aol

Thanks. Liking it my self also.:biglaugh:

That black satin coat is great stuff. You just have to be careful not to over spray it. Too much makes it drip and also can cause cracks when drying. You also should solvent washand blast and then again solvent wash the surface before applying the coat. And get it from a good retailer. It has only 1...2 month self life. And shake it realy realy good before use and during the use. Some small cleaned ballbearings in the bottle is a good way.

877MGTEGUY

Just ordered some titanium M6 bolts for the cam gears. Strog and lite.