Ok, I guess its my turn

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
post #17 is my new background... seriously. I love clean engine bays.

this thread is gonna kill me tomorrow when I go look under my hood :(

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I had the spot welds filled also, they were showing after 18 years. Thanks for the comments buddy-I appreciate that.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
also had these parts painted-the console will have a 7 inch monitor where the factory radio was, the radio where the ashtray was, and the turbo timer and boost controller where the climate control was.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
ok onto the goodies for the engine-tial 40 mm wastegate on a ebay mani (fits perfect, and didnt have to rotate the wastegate flange, but did have to drill some holes).

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
mr. GT4082 with a .82ar (thanks Sean for sourcing the backhousing for me). Had the lines made at a local shop here.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
turbo spacer made by Mazworx in Orlando- they are 3 separate 3/8 inch t4 flanges welded together.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
ok and thats all folks for a little bit at least. I will post more pics by this weekend-trying to finish the car by the Tampa supra meet (may be kinda tough, but I'm gonna try)

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Ok back for an update: Here is a mock up of the short runner intake manifold with the Q45 throttle body. (pic was before engine paint job)

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
wiring harness deconstruction-this is about 3/4th of the wires that I removed from the harness.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
in case your worndering what wires were removed,the harness is an automatic harness, so it has the wires for the auto tranny there. All of those were removed except for the reverse lamp wires, vsv wires (fpr, egr), horn wires, heater wires, etc. here is a pic of the harness beginning to be reconstructed.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
speaking of harness questions, does anyone know if the yellow wire on the MAF pro hooks up to anything? It doesnt in any of the wiring diagrams, but just want to make sure. Also does any one know the description of the resistor needed and its placement on the afm harness so no CEL is thrown?