Ok, I guess its my turn

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Ok, as alot of you guys know my car has been down for some upgrades for a while now(since late January of this year). My lazyness and procrastination has not helped to get it going again either-lol. I do have some good news though, this is the first time I have pulled the car down for upgrades and NOTHING was mechanically wrong with the car! The car was running and driving fine, and just decided to do the build. The build will consist of mostly engine work, some interior, and slight exterior upgrades. The build is about halfway through, so dont get mad (didnt take too many pics in the early stages), and I will not be able to update this thread every second, so be forewarned-it may take a while. Incase you guys dont know my car, heres a few pics before I tore her down.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
And here is the engine bay before-that setup made 422whp @ 18psi on a 57 trim ct26, with 460rwtq. Going for a little more this time:naughty:

Last edited:

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
I Always liked your Supra because it screams look at me.

Josh

edit: other pictures not working

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Now my main goal was to make the engine bay more clean. I painted the engine bay the last time the motor was out, but the bay was scratched up installing the engine agian, plus it was not the best paint job (just sprayed over brake and clutch lines, etc.) This time I wanted to do it right, and remove everything I did not need. The car has no AC or powersteering, so all the associated lines were removed. Next to go was the ABS system-it hasnt worked for a while now, so I figured-why take up space, and if I am removing the lines for the repaint, why not replace with the N/A lines?

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
The next shots show the tough part, welding up all the holes I am not going to use-almost everything was shaved-from the windsheild wiper motor holes, abs holes, all the holes on the firewall, most of the holes on the inner fenderwell, etc. I only kept the holes I need, such as a few for the brake lines, etc.

Last edited:

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
wow your driveway looks like it would be a pita to pull into!

amazing car, was my background for quite some time!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
ya, your right about that-in fact the car cant even make it down the first dip. We had to make a driveway in the back of my house for my car leading to a car port-thats where I do my work. Check out this one of some of the holes shaved on the radiator support.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
As you guys can see, I left the longblock in the car this time to help with not scratching it lol. Drivers side:

Last edited:

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
man im so jealous of all the engine bay work people have been doing lately, I want to do mine if I pull the engine any time soon. Looks great

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
close up of the windershield washer hole, and yes that was the engine harness hole-if you look closely on the other pics you can probably see where the new one will go.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
had the brake booster painted, the steering shaft, ect. As you can tell, all the brake and clutch lines have been removed for the paint job. Here is the radiator support.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
drivers side (on previous pic, you can see that the headlight mechanisms have been removed to paint in the recess)

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
dont worry, the holes you see by the clutch master cylinder and battery box will be covered up with some paneling I will construct. Passenger side:

Last edited: