New Guy - DeSloths Aussie MA70 Project (56k Warning)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
nice work on doing all the stuff yourself. however on the rear addons, i fear the body filler will not be enough, usually more than 1/8" of body filler and it will crack. did you use any fiberglass or just bondo?
looks great though!!!!!

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
kotu100;934123 said:
nice work on doing all the stuff yourself. however on the rear addons, i fear the body filler will not be enough, usually more than 1/8" of body filler and it will crack. did you use any fiberglass or just bondo?
looks great though!!!!!

I realise it is possible they will crack, but the body filler is less than 1mm thick in all areas (well under 1/8"). I don't know exactly what bondo is, but I used a combination of glue, screws, fibreglass and polyester body filler.

If it is going to crack it will likely happen during installation. I'll keep you all posted.

91GTE;934212 said:
Wow, awesome work, I hope to be as good as you are in quality of work on my mk3.

Thanks, but if that is your car in your sig, you're already a loooong way ahead :icon_bigg

I just took some more pictures. I got two runs on the front bar, but I am happy overall. I am sloooooowly ironing out the bugs.

Let me know what you think.

p935480_1.jpg

p935480_2.jpg

p935480_3.jpg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Thanks chaps.

This week I decided to put something back togethor for a change.

The car is filthy and everything is covered in sanding dust - but on a positive note I hadn't lost ALL the screws and fastners from the rear bumper, just most of them.

p941751_1.jpg

p941751_2.jpg

p941751_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It's not perfect, but that is to be expected. I might wetsand, mabye. We'll see :)

Constructive feedback welcome

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Just a quick update - the car is all back togethor :)

I have been driving it around a little, and it is a terrific feeling.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality, but I didn't take this one.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Looks great, I love the antenna idea :) Lets see a picture of that completed spoiler!

Some great work you're doing here, keep it up!

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Although the car is back togethor, I have yet to finish the spoiler. I had a small 'incident' which means the sides need to be repainted.

MOAR

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
I haven't finished the spoiler yet, and a mechanic reversed my car into a sign yesterday. It cracked one side of my bomex rears - not happy :(

I took some pictures today, so I have to pimp my car someplace. Feedback welcome, but be gentle - I'm not a photographer :)

I hope nobody is using dialup.....

Enjoy!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

cool chuck

I like rims!
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
Wow... nice work. Are you planning on adding side skirts too? I think they might help with the bottom flow a little better.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Wow... nice work. Are you planning on adding side skirts too? I think they might help with the bottom flow a little better.

I totally agree with you about the lower line, but I don't know what to do about it...

I really want to retain a 'stock' look, so that knocks out pretty much everything except for kaminari. Unfortunately it is very expensive to have anything bulky (i.e. sideskirts) shipped US --> AU. I think it looks ok, so for the time being I shall leave her be :)

Last edited: