New Guy - DeSloths Aussie MA70 Project (56k Warning)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
How much is that in HP?

Sloth, lookin good man! I love the silver cars... Im a little biased since I have one... :D:D:D But lookin really good!

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
IJ. said:
Jake: > 241.384 hp

Non SI makes me cry :icon_evil

But yep - 240 rwhp. Not much when compared to the monsters lurking on these forums, but plenty enough for now.

gtsfirefighter said:
Your car lucked out in getting you as it's owner.

lol, I'll tell it that. It's sitting half naked and neglected in my driveway at the moment. Thanks, though. :icon_bigg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
IJ. said:
Sloth: LOL ya have to start somewhere :)

Yes Indeedy.

I am trying to complete a mech. eng. degree - so this obviously eats up a lot of my time and money. I should have a lot more of both in the next few years.

Do you ever post on the Aussie forums IJ? These boards kill it as a resource, but just wondered.

In other news - Your build thread is a monster!

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
DeSloth said:
But yep - 240 rwhp. Not much when compared to the monsters lurking on these forums, but plenty enough for now.
Don't sell yourself short, thats like 450whp on a US dyno ;)

Car looks great, I like how your stock front lights are what all the people in the US want and you want to upgrade them :biglaugh:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
DeSloth said:
Non SI makes me cry :icon_evil

lol, I'll tell it that. It's sitting half naked and neglected in my driveway at the moment. Thanks, though. :icon_bigg

It's not neglected by any means!!!! I think everybody reading this will agree.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I think DeSloth is going to fit in just fine on SupraMania! :D:D:D

Cheers mate!
6h4mx3l.gif

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
IJ. said:
Sloth: I did for a short while but didn't fit in there.

Cool, I just wondered is all. You seem to know your A70 supras :aigo:

In project related news, I haven't had so much as a spare minute to work on the poor supra.

Until today that is! Got an afternoons reprieve from assignments, exams and work so finished off the boot. Picked up the carpet from clark rubber (was affordable enough) and some Dacron stuff for padding. It looks a bit like a nest....

Anyway - pictuers!

Ready to go. Note the Camry juice on the garage floor. :nono:
p733544_1.jpg

White and fluffy.
p733544_2.jpg

Finished Product (very hard to take a clear picture at night. Needs a vacume also)
p733544_3.jpg

Between exams and such, I also found the time to order myself a TRD shift knob with the 5 speed pattern on the top of it. Factory knob shift pattern emblem was all broken. Not my picture obviously, but I shall post one of it fitted upon arrival. Knob was ordered from Kinway motorsports. :)

b_1139200140628.jpg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Hi guys, just thought I would update this thread :)

I had pretty much forgotten all about my lovely TRD shift knob. Paid for weeks ago but it hasn't turned up.

A little bit of progress has been made. Polished up my taillights and centre garnish tonight and continued on the mouldings.

Getting closer but still more prep before they are ready for paint.

p756348_1.jpg

p756348_2.jpg

Hopefully I get a chance to correct some paintwork in the next week or two. Should be some more exciting pictures soon.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Thanks guys :) Couldn't help but notice you both have some rather pretty silver A70's in your sigs. A big part of me wanted a Targa... but I guess a hardtop is ok.

Anyway I have a few updates. I have 'mid-semester' 'break' starting Monday (work rostered me for the week without asking.... bleh) and had planned to get some crap done.

So I bought some toys to get started a.s.a.p. The mask I am really only using for dust protection during prep - a fresh air supply will be used for paint.

p761913_1.jpg

And yes that is the TRD shift knob which took for-fricken-ever to arrive.

Stoked :woot:

p761913_2.jpg

p761913_3.jpg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Past midnight here, I'm bored and can't sleep so adding some more pictures.

At this point it looks like I will be painting the following panels (in addition to the trim):

Headlight covers x 2
Mirrors x 2
RHS spoiler
Nose Cone
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Hood.

Eeek. :eek: If I bugger this up I will be really cranky with myself. Plenty of time invested in research and prep. This is where the learning begins. :)

Tonights progress. This is such an easy car to work on. (Well, so far...)

p763176_1.jpg

p763176_2.jpg

My Exhaust will get some spit and shine. Here are some before pics for reference. Got ground clearance issues... I do!

p763176_3.jpg

p763176_4.jpg

And last one - cause I can. Holy KM's, batman. Odo is in KM, and the speedo is significant here in Aus because most of them don't go to 280 - not that this actual car can :)

p763176_5.jpg

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Hi guys and gals. Some more progress, but rough day and lacking motivation. I am not feeling the paint prep love.

Car is pretty bare considering the small amount of paint it is getting.

Here are a few more pictures, including my ghetto paint setup.

p771437_1.jpg

p771437_2.jpg

p771437_3.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice thread. I read the whole thing and it's looking really gorgeous. I love silver supras. It's probably my third favorite color.......sorry. I love the medium blue metalic and then the charcoal grey, but silver makes a respectable third place showing..............:biglaugh:

I can't wait to see your mouldings painted and installed...........if you find some motivation that is. I love the clear markers as well as most of the members on here.

DeSloth said:
And yes that is the TRD shift knob which took for-fricken-ever to arrive.

Stoked :woot:

[/IMG]

I thought that we had the only postal service that took "for-fricken-ever"...........:biglaugh:

Keep up the good work mate.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
suprahero said:
Nice thread. I read the whole thing and it's looking really gorgeous. I love silver supras. It's probably my third favorite color.......sorry. I love the Jet Black and then the charcoal grey, but silver makes a respectable third place showing..............:biglaugh:

I couldn't agree more with you Jay. ;)

Desloth - Car is looking great!!!! I can't decide yet if I like the moldings that way, but we'll see once they are painted. Not that it should matter whether I like them or not.

Great work non the less...More pics!!!