New Guy - DeSloths Aussie MA70 Project (56k Warning)

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
hahah as you are aware supras have their moments :)

Yep hopefully the antenna works out better this time. I had a dream last night where I painted the stuff above and the base coat bubbled. :s If that happens I am going to be pissed!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
DeSloth;1218182 said:
hahah as you are aware supras have their moments :)

Yep hopefully the antenna works out better this time. I had a dream last night where I painted the stuff above and the base coat bubbled. :s If that happens I am going to be pissed!

If you end up having issues again, may be worth a shot getting the guys that do the plastic bumper repairs to fill the hole. This was what I was planning doing when I was thinking about getting rid of the antenna

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Yeah I'm using all the right products, but with luck and inexperience combined, the odds are always stacked against the DIY painter.

But the good news is they came out great and are installed on the car. I'll upload pictures tomorrow.

I cleaned and detailed the car as well for the first time in a long time... looks different!

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
nice work on the car. it should turn out nice, just dont get lazy on the trim while sanding the puddy like i did it didnt turn out so good so i had to do it twice! not fun.

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
Eh? Trim you see in the early posts has been on the car for 12 months without an issue.

Getting the hole filled by a bumper repair place is definately what I would do next time. The different materials seems to interfere with the metallic flakes and even possible the paint itself. The result is that although the wing was perfect when I first painted it - about 5 days later I can now faintly see the circle where the antenna hole once was. Very annoyed but I will have to live with it.

Anyway, here are some piCtArs of the wing tips.

Base:
p1222769_1.jpg

1st Coat Clear:
p1222769_2.jpg

I will upload some soon with them on the car :)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
First I've seen this thread... For someone who's been contemplating painting random objects on my own car with no prior paint/body experience, you're quite the inspiration!

Car looks great and every Supra deserves an owner like you!
Keep it up.

Girls come and go, but these Supras will stick around to keep us company ;)