My 87 Supra build

My old harness was just a wire hack of a mess. I bought a used, unspliced, unhacked, really mint harness from another user on the forums. Now we wait. Here's a couple pictures of the coil near plug setup on the firewall. The wires will be cleaned up when we get every electrical issue cleared up.

IDP4g24.jpg

uqHfgLZ.jpg

Well, I've been trying to get a hold of Motion Lab Tuning for quite some time. Months, actually. I've called, texted, emailed, you name it. I made a payment through paypal and couldn't even get the shop to email an invoice reflecting the payment. Quite the damn headache. I finally got a reply last night and he basically told me it's my fault it's taking so long, and that the shop doesn't have time to finish it. To come get the car. They had it for over 3 years. haha.... FML.

Last edited:
Ok. I picked her up today. She's dirty. She's still not running, but I have a list of things that should get it running. I've been reading a lot, and hopefully I can get some good input from you guys! First, here's a few pictures of the condition I picked her up in.

pzNcTpx.jpg

P9VFIZW.jpg

So dirty. It stormed the whole way home, so she actually doesn't look half bad with the dust off of her.

Now for the fun part. The notes I was given from the shop owner.

1: Crank angle sensor module needs to be hardwired and/or factory connectors used. (I'm guessing he meant the CPS?)
2: Injector and fuel pump need power. Run the F.P. on dedicated relay and not factory wiring. We experimented with an added relay for the fuel injectors. I don't recall if that was successful
3: Idle air not functional. I don't believe it is compatible. Probably need Bosch's style 2 wire IAV
4: TPS. We swapped in a new TPS. It worked initially but no longer functioned. We then purchased a new sensor but still didn't work. Either wiring or internal. Last effort would be for you to send aem v2 box in to be benched.

Thanks again guys. Really glad to have a forum like this at my finger tips.

Last edited:
Ok. I've been going through wiring diagrams and checking everything to make sure its plugged up correctly. The owner of the shop said everything for the ems is plugged in and ready. All of the dash lights and gauges turn on when the key is turned to "on." It's just the list of things on the last post that need to be taken care of. He said that he would take care of the fuel pump relay and injectors first. My question is, even though this ems is a 6050 honda box that has been modified to run on the 7mgte, is the wiring still the same? Will I still be able to do the 12v mod for the fuel pump when I do the relay?

Here's how the harness looks at the EMS

ra8sQFe.jpg

Np1qDAd.jpg

CyAOhzF.jpg

SEU78p3.jpg

zrfOxFh.jpg

It's a mess, but it doesn't look as bad as it did before we installed this harness.

I had a buddy stop by just now to point me in the right direction, and just look over everything. He wanted to see what she would do if we tried to crank it. We tried cranking it and found a spraying leak at the top washer of the fpr. It was a very tiny spray, but still... It should not be like that. Going to the store now for more o-rings.

He actually had me run to pick up some very fine sand paper to try to get the gunk off so it would seal correctly. Sadly, it didn't work. Our local AutoZone and Advanced Auto doesn't carry these crush washers, so I'll just have to order them. Here's where the leak is.

OFPnkRe.jpg

Last edited:
I saw that most of my pictures have been deleted by imageshack. I went through 3 computers, and my old cellphones to get all of my pictures back and hosted them through imgur. I've also combed through my posts and deleted any that didn't really have to do with the build. Enjoy!

My suspension parts I've been piling up.
MyBKUUt.jpg

BC Coilovers
CmlCS7I.jpg

Phase 1:
Get her running

Phase 2:
Suspension- Pull the subframes, fix any cracks, reinforce rear subframe, replace all bushings, replace everything. Brakes, control arms, bushings, axles, everything.

Phase 3:
Paint- Having sat outside for 2.5 years after a new paint job, and lacking the final cut and buff, the paint has started to crack and chip in places.

Phase 4:
Interior- New carpet, reupholster the seats (probably leather) wrap door panels, center console, and dash with alcantara. Might change the headliner to alcantara too.

Phase 5:
Enjoy the car for a while!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
awsbakerordie;2055160 said:
My billet CPS cover and break in oil filters came today from DriftMotion.com
oyQ7mwU.jpg

Thanks Aaron!
I also ordered new hood struts. No more supra stick!

That's a sweet CPS Cover

GC89

Yes, I did hear back from him.
rear--230u.s
front--130.00us
steering----60.us
shiping--80us
2 weeks to make

It took a bit for him to get back to me. He's a busy guy from what I understand. Isn't he also in Australia? Your bushings might be stuck in customs. He's never scammed anyone and has a very good reputation on the forums. I haven't ordered mine yet. I'll probably order mine this week. We'll see.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
New Zealand, I caught him when he was out on vacation so that slowed things down a bit. He's been around forever and Is a good guy so I'm not worried. Just haven't heard back since my last email and wanted to give you a heads up. I think Its been almost 7 weeks since I ordered.