My 7M passed away today

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Holy shit man, I wouldnt part it out though, never gonna get what you put into it back, might as well buy a beater and give the supra a rest for say 6 months.
It will come back to you.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Think about it Malloy... You have almost all good shit in that engine. It shouldn't take much the get a new block prepped and have it running again ;). It's gonna cost A LOT less than what you put into it the first time around ;). I say Rebuild man, use some good aftermarket rods this time!

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Keep your chin up, Skippy. You still have one hell of a set-up and a very clean Supra in your hands. Just build another shortblock and tear it up! 600bhp is one hell of an acomplishment the stock rods! Just take a break and don't look at the car for a while. HTH.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
DONT PART IT!!!!! get a block and some rods and it will be all better. think about it for a while like everyones saying. ull regret it later if u part it out.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You know what, I bet I know what caused it... You remember when you overboosted a couple of times due to the MBC getting some shit stuck in it ;). 30+ psi will do that...

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Yes, Don't pay attention to the vultures looking for your parts! Give the project a rest for a while and rebuild. Sorry about the loss.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm sorry about the loss Mike, I'm assuming that you used ARP rod bolts and hte rods at fault. Hopefully you'll find out exactly what happened.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
thanks for all the support fellas. if i wasn't in a money bind id probably keep it. this is not easy for me right now

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Replacing the block and rods would be about as much time, labour, and inconvenience as parting out the car, and in the end, you'd have your dream car back instead of broken dreams. You have no choice but to rebuild.

If money is an issue, drive a beater through the winter until funds come in to compete the rebuild. Next summer will be here in a flash and you will be glad you stuck it out.

redmkiii

Bluemkiii's Big brother
Mar 9, 2006
arizona
Sorry about your loss man:icon_cry: , I think you should also keep the car and maybe even try going 2jz?