My 7M passed away today

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
I'm soo fuckin pissed. today while driving back from delaware to north carolina a fuckin rod punches through the block on the interstate. i'm just crusing at 70mph and BAMMM!!! I pull over and my fuckin engine is on fire. I caused this huge scene on I-85 SOUTH. I 'm talking fire turcks, cops cars, etc.. luckly people pulled over and helped me out. I would have lost my car today if it wasn't for a guy pulling over with a fire estingisher. Oh btw... this happened 220miles from home so i got hit up with a 600$ toe bill.

i don't care what anyone says, FUCK the stock rods. my 3yrs of hard work is gone due to these rods. They will hold 600hp however not for very long. I refuse to put it back together. when i was there watching my car burn it took alot out of me. I cannot bring myself to do another rebuild. the car is getting parted out. EVERYTHING IS FORSALE. and i'm selling cheap.

PICS to follow

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry to here that Mike. I wish there was another way, but it seems eventually people just get fed up with their supra. I went 1jz, just to have something different to make my car new to me again..........lol

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Sorry to hear it.

I know the feeling, my car has been up on blocks for awhile now. (Since the end of September when it did not make it to Vegas, I've lost intrest in this thing for the moment.)

If you do for some reason decide to put another motor into the Supra, or buy another car, I reccomend Pauter rods. My crank twisted before the rods failed. Ross pistons held up to this as well, so I can reccomend them too. (But I'm sure Wiesco and others would have held up fine as well when coated etc.)

Again, sorry to hear it failed. (And that's very weird it failed like it did.) You should tear it down to see where the rod failed if you feel so inclined.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
:cry: That's truly depressing. I always enjoyed reading about your car, and the input you had here. And of course, watching the dyno vids.

I hope things get better, is another Supra in the works, or are you changing platforms. any ideas yet?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Damn......

Sorry to hear about that. My 7M died last month.

FWIW, a fire extinguisher is always in my car. I saw another Supra a while back have the same thing, fire in the bay and couldn't get the hood up to put it out, didn't have an extinguisher.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
shit sucks

get some pics of shit

i'll be ontop of this thread for shit to buy.

but if i were you' i'd think twice before saying your gonna sell everything, i think your just mad, but if your serouis post shit up, i wanna buy cheap shit

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Fuck the rods because they can't hold triple the intended horsepower for long?

Carnage is a sign of making serious power. Congratulations.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Mike - I know you're pissed, but think about it a bit before you decide to part the car out. There's an awful lot on that motor that can be used again. You get a good block and some billet rods and it will handle the HP you were putting down. Just think about it for a few days.

And I'm really sorry that happened, but man what you did using the parts you had was awesome!

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
My condolences to you and your car. I know you put a lot into that engine and it's taken a beating, albeit almost three times the power it was designed for...that should get you some credit. I know you're pissed off now but give it a few days, or maybe even some weeks and maybe you'll get the bug again to do another engine.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Damn dude, that sucks so much. I know exactly how you feel. Same thing happened to me and my car caught fire. Except i was only 2 miles form home. Either way I'm sorry to hear about the loss and good luck with everything. Just don't give up on the supra, give her a new heart.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Damn Mike.......I hate to see you in this frame of mind. You are a great part of this community. Give it a little time before making Rash decisions. We want to keep you around. I feel you on the tow bill! Last month when the drunk pregnant bitch took my pride and joy, it took my whole weeks check to get it home from 100 miles away.

Seriously I want you to rebuild it! Hell you did one hell of a job the last time. But, if you do part it, I will definitley be interested in the 89+ header panel, and possibly more.

BTW........If you do decide to rebuild, I have a block from the BHG motor I took out of my 87. It's stock internals, so probably no interest there.

Last edited:

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Yeah, im interested in some s you got aswell.

but give it time man, its the anger talking

i know you love the car, or you wouldnt of built it.