My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Ken, I'm not sure which hose you are questioning. It may help to remove the throttle body though. I think it was in that general area. The TB does get in the way of a couple of hoses down in there. Ask me how I know.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89;1236796 said:
Hello, I'm new here, but this thread is funny as hell, the GTE destroys hoses with the best of them!!!!

I love the cliffnotes....

KEN!!!!!!

You have to shout it out like they did on Cheers when Norm came in.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1236820 said:
Ken, I'm not sure which hose you are questioning. It may help to remove the throttle body though. I think it was in that general area. The TB does get in the way of a couple of hoses down in there. Ask me how I know.

Scott, here is a pic I took today. I just stuck the camera down under the intake and took a pic. The hose in question runs from the ISCV to the head.
I don't know how to photoshop a circle around it, but it's above the knock sensor. I small rubber hose going into the head.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprahero;1236783 said:
When I had my 7m, I had the same problem with that hose.

not really, I'm just trying to give you false hope. Good luck.

Quit whoring on my street corner bitch!:biglaugh:

tookwik4u89;1236796 said:
Hello, I'm new here, but this thread is funny as hell, the GTE destroys hoses with the best of them!!!!

I love the cliffnotes....

The cliffs pretty much summed it up. How ya doing. Where the heck have you been?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
So as you can see in the pic posted above, I don't believe I'm leaking from that hose. In fact today, I could not find a leak at all, nor did I smell any antifreeze. Looks like I have a phantom leak, or I'm so fucking paranoid I can't stand it. I don't know. I put some more coolant in the reservoir and we'll see how the level holds up after driving it for a little while.

While at the house I washed it and took a few photos. It still has a little water on it but it was looking so good.

p1237487_1.jpg

p1237487_2.jpg

p1237487_3.jpg

p1237487_4.jpg

p1237487_5.jpg

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
:love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies::love::boobies:

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
Had to try, guess I will just lose to all the other poopras :icon_bigg
On another note, If you want you can come by the shop some time and we can get it up in the air and look for your leak.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Well today I drove out to the house to swap out fan clutches, (thank you Scott, luv ya!) and it turned into being a bigger job than first expected. That bitch did not want to come loose, even after the four nuts were off. I just hope I didn't screw up the bearings on my new water pump pounding on that damn thing.

After I did finally break it loose, I proceeding with removing the fan shroud. I noticed some gelled looking coolant around the bolt on the top left (standing in front looking at engine). Didn't think much of it. I took the bolt out and coolant started coming out of the bolt hole! I don't think it's supposed to come out where the fan shroud bolts onto the radiator.:aigo:

So I pulled the radiator and tomorrow, or later today I mean, I'm going to go by a radiator shop to see if they can repair it. That solves yet another mystery coolant leak.

Other than Toyota, where can I find a STOCK gte radiator?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Now that Scott mentions it. I don't know what I did with my stock radiator. I'll have to go check.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Well I dropped it off at a local radiator shop and the guy said he could fix it. I told him to go ahead and flow test it and rod it out if necessary. I mean, he's going to have to remove the top tank anyway to patch that hole. So when I get it back I'll have to find a shorter bolt for the fan shroud.

Jay, go ahead and look for your old one....just in case they call and say it's beyond f-ed up. Since you're car was originally an automatic, it'll work just fine!:icon_bigg