My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1268240 said:
The firewall looks much better already. Driver's shock tower is very noticeable. But the cleanest looking part is the one over Toy-Yoda's shoulder. Is that damn radio brand new?

That's the original radio and it works like a charm. The bezel is courtesy of Dr. Jonez. My original one was hacked so that a fancy radar detector could be installed. I yanked that shit out first off. I didn't work anyway. So Dr J sold the one off of his 92. It's unhacked.

The weather is supposed to turn crappy in about an hour or so but I may try to degrease some spots and spray it again. Then I want to get some black magic and spruce up the hoses and plastic.

So my baby has an appointment for Thursday to get the a/c serviced. I ordered new o-rings for the compressor manifolds and am hoping they get here before then. Then next week I am taking it to get the old tint stripped off and the windows retinted. My current tint has been on the car since 91 and it's purple and bubbled up. It's very difficult to see out of the hatch glass. I'm slowly getting some things done finally. Hopefully the car holds up mechanically so I can work on the cosmetic issues.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
ForcedTorque;1269462 said:
Razor Blades are bad for your defroster lines. See if you can pull the back glass tint yourself. It should probably just fall to pieces. A tint man doesn't give a shit about your defrost.

They do if they know what they're doing and care about the quality of their work!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If they do it wrong, then they can replace the window...

Razor blades suck for removing old tint anyway, ask me how I know...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
kwnate;1269203 said:
I want your mouldings. How does $600 plus shipping sound??? :icon_bigg

Dude! You got a pm!:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque;1269462 said:
Razor Blades are bad for your defroster lines. See if you can pull the back glass tint yourself. It should probably just fall to pieces. A tint man doesn't give a shit about your defrost.

Bluechulappa;1269495 said:
They do if they know what they're doing and care about the quality of their work!

The guy I used I have used since 1989. Him and his brother run the shop and do all the tinting themselves. Although they cringed when I asked them to do a retint, they said they'd do it and be extra careful of the defrost and built in antenna. He said he couldn't guarantee damage but I trust them. He peeled a small portion off the side and said it wasn't petrified on there and looks like it might peel right off after sitting in the sun for a few hours. He said they've also got some kind of stuff they can spray on there to help remove it. So these guys have tinted about 5 or 6 vehicles at least for me so I'm not worried. Hell, I can live without the defroster if it means being able to see out of the hatch glass. Right now I can't since the tint is so bad.

Poodles;1269726 said:
If they do it wrong, then they can replace the window...

Razor blades suck for removing old tint anyway, ask me how I know...

Who the hell are you?? Oh, Sean, yeah right. I remember you now, it's been so long.:sarcasm:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Please tell me some of you guys are coming to the Texas meet. So far there isn't many people coming and it's really not worth our trip from Bama.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
i used trash bags and vinegar to loosen the tint glue till I could peel it off. has to be in direct sun light or some sort of heat for a few hours. smells like ripe ass and is messy to finish cleaning. ehh, I've done tint removal and install a few different ways lol.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Can't make it Jay, unemployed, broke, car isn't up to it, and still broken hearted...

If I could get enough for my car I'd be getting out of the supra game right now :(

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
suprahero;1269877 said:
Please tell me some of you guys are coming to the Texas meet. So far there isn't many people coming and it's really not worth our trip from Bama.

Yes!!!!

Mk3runner;1269883 said:
i used trash bags and vinegar to loosen the tint glue till I could peel it off. has to be in direct sun light or some sort of heat for a few hours. smells like ripe ass and is messy to finish cleaning. ehh, I've done tint removal and install a few different ways lol.

I'll have to ask what their method is. It may be super secret though.:icon_bigg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
::w00t::

Picked up my car today and I now have cold a/c again! I think they replaced every o-ring possible too. Anyway, one thing crossed off the list. Now hopefully Wednesday I can get the windows retinted. I don't want to go to Houston with purple bubbly on my windows.