My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I picked up the radiator yesterday. It only cost me $20 bucks for them to patch that hole in the upper tank and then to flush and rod out.

I went in late to work yesterday so I could go pick it up and ended up having a little wreck in my truck! Dickweed in a Chrysler 300 tried to merge into my lane and scraped the right front side of my truck. Minimal damage to mine but it ripped the bumper off of his 300. To top it off he immediately filed a claim against me. It was his damn fault. I filed my claim today.

Anyway, I went to put my car back together today and why in holy hell is it so f-ing hard to get that fan clutch bolted to the water pump?

I ended breaking my fan shroud more than it already was trying to get it back on so I just said fuck it and quit. I'm ordering a new shroud on Monday.
Also, I had to do some wiring harness repair.:icon_evil One of the sensors on the thermostat housing had the wire break off right at the back of the plug. Thank God I decided to keep that old n/a harness and found a plug that'll fit the sensor. Some ghetto fabrication later and I hope it's fixed.

My mood is rather foul and I seriously miss driving my car. I was hoping to be able to drive it today. I has to be ready so I can drive it TX2K9.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Put your mind on the smoking deal you got on the radiator repair. The accident didn't send that newly repaired radiator into harms way did it?

I know exactly what you mean about missing driving the Supra! I'm over two weeks now into my clutch job.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
And I'm up to nearly 10 months now, and just discovered on Friday the extent to which the shop fucked my car.

So shoosh you two, you have nothing to complain about :p:p:p

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Ken - Did you take the lower fan shroud off? I found the easiest way for me was to put the fan /clutch on from underneath(I know you don't like getting down there) but take the lower cover off and wiggle the fan clutch up in there and bolt it up...

Thats a deal on the radiator so be thrilled about that!

And be glad you don't drive a POS Chrysler.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
ForcedTorque;1259738 said:
Put your mind on the smoking deal you got on the radiator repair. The accident didn't send that newly repaired radiator into harms way did it?

No traffic was at a stand still and he hit me at like less than 5mph. The radiator never moved.

LilMissMkIII;1259862 said:
And I'm up to nearly 10 months now, and just discovered on Friday the extent to which the shop fucked my car.

So shoosh you two, you have nothing to complain about :p:p:p

Yes maam, I'm shooshing.:biglaugh:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
::w00t::

New Parts! I love new parts, and so does the kitty.

p1264744_1.jpg

Now hopefully I can get them installed tomorrow.

Flew to Zacatecus Mexico today on a medical flight. The Corona brewery is there. Oh yeah, I got me some Corona. They sell at the FBO (it's like a terminal).

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
ForcedTorque;1264763 said:
Yea Beer!

Boo Corona! I'd rather drink warm piss. Seriously if I were offered a Corona or a glass of diet coke, I'd take the diet coke.

Bluechulappa;1264795 said:
Corona is like warm mexican piss! Yo ken I got your ebrake boot. It's pretty dark blue... I can barely tell it's blue. Almost black?

Yall can just both "warm mexican piss" off. :biglaugh: Corona with a lime is da bomb. :biglaugh:

Woo hoo for ebrake boot!!!!!!!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
gtsfirefighter;1265637 said:
Oh, and here's something else my car is going to get. I'll get it in Houston...can't wait!!!!!! And yes, it's a e-brake boot straight from Toyota!
Thank you Lincoln!!

p1265674_1.jpg

HEY! I didn't say you could use my beautiful picture! Just cause that's your boot! What were you thinking! :evil2::evil2: jk Cya in Houston and you can slip this thing on!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
So I borrowed a friends power washer to clean off all the mud on the back patio and porch and had a great idea! Why not use it on the engine bay.

Before

p1268125_1.jpg

After

p1268125_2.jpg

I still need to get the degreaser and do it again, but overall it looks much better. And no I never hit the engine with the stream, just the fender wells and firewall.

Oh, and here's a pic of my Toy-Yoda I keep in the car.:biglaugh:

p1268125_3.jpg