My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Ok, here's what happened.

After eating lunch at Chili's with my wife, we went seperate ways. I had the Shrimp Alfredo, minus the tomatoes, and she had the Babyback Ribs with mashed potatoes minus the gravy since she is gluten intolerant. I give a kiss and tell her to be careful and after walking around her car to mine I noticed a pool of antifreeze by the curb. I said foul words to myself. I didn't dare share my findings with my wife since she despises the very air that my car forcefully inducts. I drove it to the gas station, filled it with 93 octane and popped the hood. I didn't see anything abnormal so I thought maybe it was someone elses pool of antifreeze.

I then take of to my dads house which is about 40 miles away. I've got the iPod pumping tunes through my stock sound system. It's cold and dreary outside and I'm thankful I don't have to be working in it. Along the way my birdcage lights up. I panicked! My heart raced and I wondered how long it would be before the temperature gauge started creeping up. I detour to my other house where all my tools are at. Thanfully I was only a couple of miles from it. I pop the hood and I can really smell the coolant. I start looking and finally see a very steady drip coming from under the intake. I stick my hand up under the intake and find it's one of the two coolant hoses I did not replace while the engine was out. It blew right at the nipple that's right beside the front knock sensor.

So I spend the afternoon in 40 degree mist and fog repairing it. I had to remove the alternator to be able to reach it. I then had to call someone to come get me and run me up to Oreilleys. I went ahead and replace the other hose that runs off the ISCV as well.

Cliffnotes: A coolant hose busted under the intake. I think I fixed it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
p1233066_1.jpg
p1233066_2.jpg
p1233066_3.jpg
p1233066_4.jpg

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Wow man. I just spend the majority of my morning and afternoon going through your whole thread reading your whole process. Im fairly new to Supras and even more new to doing my own mechanics. This stuff is incredible. I plan on re-doing my engine asap myself, although Im gona make sure I have some 7m-knowledged people with me since Im not too mechanically inclined yet. Im slowly learning though. Thanks for all the details. I took alot of notes. Great Supra! Gives me more motivation to continue my project:naughty:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
suprastroker88;1235166 said:
Wow man. I just spend the majority of my morning and afternoon going through your whole thread reading your whole process. Im fairly new to Supras and even more new to doing my own mechanics. This stuff is incredible. I plan on re-doing my engine asap myself, although Im gona make sure I have some 7m-knowledged people with me since Im not too mechanically inclined yet. Im slowly learning though. Thanks for all the details. I took alot of notes. Great Supra! Gives me more motivation to continue my project:naughty:

Hey I appreciate the kind words. You have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them if I can or direct you to the people who can.

Check out this build thread also. It documents my earlier times with an 89, 87 and then 86.5 supra. Some of it might help you as well.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40138 What have I gotten myself into?

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
gtsfirefighter;1235183 said:
Hey I appreciate the kind words. You have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them if I can or direct you to the people who can.

Check out this build thread also. It documents my earlier times with an 89, 87 and then 86.5 supra. Some of it might help you as well.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40138 What have I gotten myself into?

lol i read that one too! i will definitely be asking you alot of questions because I am clueless when it comes to alot of this mechanical stuff, although Im trying to figure it out little by little. I have this 1986.5 that was NA, then the previous owner did an NA-T conversion but did a very horrible job. He didnt know anything about the car. He had to move to southern california but he couldnt figure out why his car wouldnt run, so he gave it to me for free and told me to keep it or take it to the junkyard lol. The reason it wasnt running was because some of the intercoller piping was missing from the turbo to the intercooler. :3d_frown: He's an idiot. So i got a free supra. Ive been doing alot of work to it myself but I still have a long way to go. Your thread really helped me out though

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
ForcedTorque;1236534 said:
Damn it Ken! Is Baton Rouge about halfway? I'll meet you there, and we'll burn both of our cars together.

But would our cars make it? You'd blow out your clutch and I'd overheat.

suprastroker88;1236562 said:
I guess the supra gods are telling you to go 2jz :evil2:

Well the supra Gods are going to have to give me the money first. A 2j is what I really want in it but damn the money!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
When I had my 7m, I had the same problem with that hose.

not really, I'm just trying to give you false hope. Good luck.