ma-70 carbon fiber twill weave & plain weave parts.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The hatch would be cool (I believe they are identical 89+ and pre89), not sure about the doors due to expense although it would be a nice touch if there is no structural weakening.

My biggest "wants" in the CF area would be:

- Windshield valance (below the windshield.. OEM rusts)
- Console and Console lid (interior)
- 2 pod or 3 pod pillar gauge mount
- Rear speaker pods (for the arm area in the back seat area)
- Body trim (89+ as most do the 89+ tail light swap)
- B pillar vents (I think thats what they are called.. they are the louvres that sit behind the side windows.. right before the hatch triangle windows) Same for 89+ and pre89, but different for targa/non-targa.
- rad/intercooler block off plate (sits in front of the rad mount)
- Turbo A-duct
- Headlight covers (vented and non vented.. if doing vented.. make sure they are damn accurate. Mine are good FG, but they are not perfect. Paying for CF raises my expectations of fitment).
- Door sills (the sill covers under the door that you see when you open the door)

Generally, I buy and paint... so the pattern of the CF doesn't matter to me, I just generally dont like the CF external look on my car. Interior is different...

you may want to introduce a single piece first and do a group buy while creating the mold and gauging interest. That will build your rep in the community for MK3 CF parts. It also will help cover design costs, etc. (just a suggestion)
perhaps doing a poll on "what should be our first group-buy CF MK3 replacement part?"

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1910465_1.jpg

p1910465_2.jpg

p1910465_3.jpg

p1910465_4.jpg

p1910465_5.jpg

p1910465_6.jpg

p1910465_7.jpg

found these well google searching not sure who makes them....

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The guy who makes those lost his preferred seller status on this forum. Very poor communication, excessive shipping times.. not sure if there were other issues. I got my vented headlight covers, front window valance (what is the proper name for that piece) and body trim in FG from them. Took about 3 months and was "okay" quality-wise, but needed a lot of prep prior to painting.

c7 carbon dot com

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
Grandavi;1910467 said:
The guy who makes those lost his preferred seller status on this forum. Very poor communication, excessive shipping times.. not sure if there were other issues. I got my vented headlight covers, front window valance (what is the proper name for that piece) and body trim in FG from them. Took about 3 months and was "okay" quality-wise, but needed a lot of prep prior to painting.

c7 carbon dot com

oh ok didnt know that. 3 months wow...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Not crapping on you or your dreams, but it'll be hard, as most of the CF requested/produced pieces do not fit all years..

For example..

zby67;1910465 said:
found these well google searching not sure who makes them....
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This piece only fits 86.5-89 Supras, 90-92 Supras got smaller plates as the bottom pad changed.

p1910497_1.jpg

This piece only fits 86.5-88 Supras, as 89+ Supras got rounder pieces and the switch was relocated to the left.

p1910497_2.jpg

This one's fine, I believe.

p1910497_3.jpg

Once again, this piece is different from 86.5-88 Supras, because 89+ Supras got cup holders and the support bar dipped into this piece.

p1910497_4.jpg

These should be the same for all years.

p1910497_5.jpg

This piece fit all years, as long as it's a targa. Hardtop panels are different.

p1910497_6.jpg

See above

p1910497_7.jpg

This piece is fine, but if you get a sticker to go on top (if it even exists), 89+ Supras had a different AMP fuse (fusible vs actual fuse)

So in conclusion, there are many nice parts, but they need to be universal to be more appealing (aka CHEAP) to produce/purchase.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
This may not be the most common want but on a lot of supra's I've seen around the front mudflap/sideskirt pannels rot away on the inside much like the pre-89 moldings because of its metal backing.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Prices (?) for all these CF-parts mentioned (Fenders, bumper, doors,..etc) will end this thread discussion or dream of having one made.

-Noel

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
supraguy@aol;1910433 said:
I don't think he means that.
A duck tail wing or spoiler would be something that mounts flush to the rear deck. And I infer from Absolutespeed that he would simply want it to have mounting points identical to the oem spoiler's, so that you could just bolt it on, and not have to worry about filling holes or leaking hatches.

Maybe something like this?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...7-cobra-replica-duck-tail-spoiler-610side.jpg

Exactly. Something easy to swap would be beneficial and probably sell a lot better.
As for the style I was thinking something like this:
E46%20Coupe%20CSL%20CARBON%20FIBER%20Ducktail%20Spoiler.jpg

Last edited:

CarbonWorks

Jan 20, 2013
Boston
Grandavi;1910458 said:
The hatch would be cool (I believe they are identical 89+ and pre89), not sure about the doors due to expense although it would be a nice touch if there is no structural weakening.

My biggest "wants" in the CF area would be:

- Windshield valance (below the windshield.. OEM rusts)
- Console and Console lid (interior)
- 2 pod or 3 pod pillar gauge mount
- Rear speaker pods (for the arm area in the back seat area)
- Body trim (89+ as most do the 89+ tail light swap)
- B pillar vents (I think thats what they are called.. they are the louvres that sit behind the side windows.. right before the hatch triangle windows) Same for 89+ and pre89, but different for targa/non-targa.
- rad/intercooler block off plate (sits in front of the rad mount)
- Turbo A-duct
- Headlight covers (vented and non vented.. if doing vented.. make sure they are damn accurate. Mine are good FG, but they are not perfect. Paying for CF raises my expectations of fitment).
- Door sills (the sill covers under the door that you see when you open the door)

Generally, I buy and paint... so the pattern of the CF doesn't matter to me, I just generally dont like the CF external look on my car. Interior is different...

you may want to introduce a single piece first and do a group buy while creating the mold and gauging interest. That will build your rep in the community for MK3 CF parts. It also will help cover design costs, etc. (just a suggestion)
perhaps doing a poll on "what should be our first group-buy CF MK3 replacement part?"

the carbon doors seem to be a common request, and as so i would like to give some feed back. their are several elements that need to go into the engineering of carbon parts to ensure their structural integrity and insure you are getting a true performance enhancing part vs a visually pleasing " cosmetic" part.

perhaps doing a poll on "what should be our first group-buy CF MK3 replacement part?"[/QUOTE]

in an effort to keep product retail costs as low as possible to the mk3 community i am going to implement this great idea. if i can get a tally as to 1 or 2 popular exterior parts, as well as 1 or 2 interior parts for a discounted group -buy, i can run the numbers and give an estimated price.

please use this format for the tally

year-

interior part #1-
interior part #2-
exterior part#1-
exterior part#2

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas

interior part #1- door window switch panels

Exterior part #1- front fenders
exterior part #2- doors (would you need custom hinges or would stock work for carbon fiber?)

CarbonWorks

Jan 20, 2013
Boston
zby67;1910596 said:

interior part #1- door window switch panels

Exterior part #1- front fenders
exterior part #2- doors (would you need custom hinges or would stock work for carbon fiber?)

with out actually engineering the part it is hard to say based on a realistic price point of view, but the overall goal is direct replacement.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
AbsoluteSpeed;1910584 said:
Exactly. Something easy to swap would be beneficial and probably sell a lot better.
As for the style I was thinking something like this:
E46%20Coupe%20CSL%20CARBON%20FIBER%20Ducktail%20Spoiler.jpg

I like it, but realize that the Supra version would have to be slightly larger, so that you could use the oem mount points, which sit further inboard.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
supraguy@aol;1910603 said:
I like it, but realize that the Supra version would have to be slightly larger, so that you could use the oem mount points, which sit further inboard.

True. I like the height of it so I wouldn't want it much bigger in that respect.
Also, I would have it sit solely on top on the hatch instead of overhanging and coming down the back slightly like the one I posted.

And for the OP

86.5-88
Exterior part#2 - Ducktail spoiler

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Canuckrz;1910524 said:
This may not be the most common want but on a lot of supra's I've seen around the front mudflap/sideskirt pannels rot away on the inside much like the pre-89 moldings because of its metal backing.

+1
All of the parts cars I have had were completely rotted. Mine are ok, but it would be nice to get them in fiberglass, or maybe carbon fiber, but either way this would be a nice part, and if made in fiberglass and sold cheaper there would be a lot of business in this product.

ryannelson91

Jan 10, 2013
Lynnwood, WA
maybe some cf exterior trim pieces all around, and keep the "toyota supra" and/or "turbo" raised letters with them painted on the rear pieces. also maybe some cam gear covers for the 7m or the jz would be cool.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
ryannelson91;1910626 said:
maybe some cf exterior trim pieces all around, and keep the "toyota supra" and/or "turbo" raised letters with them painted on the rear pieces. also maybe some cam gear covers for the 7m

I'l second that, as well as this....

RazoE;1910497 said:
p1910632_1.jpg

See above

Canuckrz;1910524 said:

^^ this is also true... mine are rotted out... need to find some replacements -_-

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
OP: you will have to show me some of your fiished products before I make any recommendations, let alone drop any coin on parts. I have spent a lot of money on stuff like this, only to end up disappointed with the quality of finish and the fit of parts.

Give us some pics, references would be a good start as well