Let me see your trunks!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
3p141592654;1888964 said:
How are people getting the signals from the head unit to the hatch area? I was thinking to route the wires under the rocker scuff plate.
In the few setups I've done (couple Supras and a Mazda3), I've tried a few different routes. I found that if you try to keep the wires under the rocker panel scuff plate like you suggested, it makes it kinda hard to get back into place and look good, as there isn't a whole lot of room right there. However, if you move the wires a few inches down, and run it along the inside of the frame rail, just under the carpet, there is plenty of room there.

Pretty easy to hide the wiring and make it all look nice and factory. Takes time, but it's worth it in the end. :)

Alternatively, I tried running the wiring under the center console once. After doing that, I prefer the inside of the frame rail method mentioned above.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'm running an underseat amp (used to have an underseat powered subwoofer.. Now I've upgraded. The wiring i used for the old sub was plenty for the new). Ran the power wire down the inside of the frame rail, and then under the seat, where there was already a slit in the carpet.

The signal and remote wire were ran down the trans tunnel on the passenger side, then down under the seat.. Right now I have the sub wires just running over the rear seats.. Planning on cleaning that up, but nobody uses the backseats so its not a big deal for me lol

ballenspirit

Nov 14, 2012
Atlanta, Ga Area
Im goin to be runnin 2ga back to my amp in the trunk... Do you guys typically drill a from the engine compartment to the interior???... Id be interested in pictures... im looking to run my system off of a cadence z6000 6 channel amp 150x5 and 400x1 all at 2ohms... 2 or 4 6x9s and 2 8s 2 2.5-3.5 upfront 4'' in the rear...

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
^I ran my wire through the drivers wheel well (there was room in the loom retainers)

to the grommet at the a-pillar where there was an outward nipple that I cut off and feed the wire through

inside the cable race, under the carpet, along the rocker panel side of the drivers seat

under the rear seats and into the targa trunk brace area...