Leecheater's rebuild, getting there

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I approve this meet idea, go ahead and start planning/getting dates worked up and we'll see where it goes!

I'd suggest starting a poll in the Midwest section <--Clicky linky. PM myself or Boost Lee and we'll get the thread stickied for best viewing :D

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I am down for a meet, will be in this bad boy though.
p1812648_1.jpg

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Here's the latest. I bought a slightly used speedometer cable here on SM. It's nice and save plenty. Today I picked up the new 0-rings for the injectors, plus the items we had powder coated. Motor mounts, radiator braces, plus a few custom brackets. This weekend with some luck, we should have engine back in car.

p1814456_1.jpg

p1814456_2.jpg

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
NewGen;1812417 said:
That would be sweet! I've got access to a trailer now so i'll go about anywhere. I'm going to get a "midwest" meet together. I suppose will see how much attention it actually gets. Just a weekend ordeal planning on having it at cedarfalls iowa. It's the northeast side of iowa. Fairly close to the MN, IL, and WI boarder. They have a 1/4 mile strip there as well. Ideally have a meet and greet Friday night at buffalo wild wings, maybe a cruise or beer at the hotel (There's a fairly nice hotel we've stayed at in the past has pool, arcade, pool tables at it), Then Saturday hit the track, Figure out something to do Sat night haven't goten that far yet. Then go home Sunday.
sounds like a great idea... i wont be able to make it this year for that one... the common suprasport meet is even a maybe for me right now... but i will try

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
More progress. Today the fuelab pump showed up. I am surprised on how small it is compared to my old Aeromotive A-1000. The next couple of days we will hopefully getting the engine back in the car. More later.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
It's the 41402-1 Rated for 1300 h/p with fuel injection. With E-85 subtract 1/3 so we will have plenty at 700 rwhp or so.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
The latest addition: A trailer to haul broken Supra's on. I have been looking for a while. This one isn't new, but the previous owner bought it because it is low to the ground. Nice steel floor and trails nice. What do you think?

p1825584_1.jpg

p1825584_2.jpg

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Nitrogen filled tires^ woot woot...

looks like a nice enough trailer to me... did it some with the nice "tire trap" tie downs.?

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Yes, I am pretty sure they are GM wheels. He used these tires to keep it low to the ground. No tie down straps came with it, but there are a bunch of places to tie onto to hold her down, plus there are spots to build sides if need be. I am thinking of a cheap winch. My truck has a wire that we use for charging the pick up camper battery while driving down the road, so hooking it up will be easy. We may need to modify the ramps so we can move them narrower. Jesse's BMW fit on there, so hopefully the Supra will without the hassle of messing with them. I am quite pleased with it. I looked a long time to find one that was low and all metal. Plus it is red and has those nice wheels.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Today, Sean worked on the exhaust fabrication. It's perhaps 85% complete. We still need to buy hangers and weld on the rear muffler. Plus I am still not satisfied with the transition from 4" to 3.5". I am going to talk to my friend Iner, and see what he thinks. He's the guy who ports heads and manifolds for the race cars in the part of MN. toyotanos is having him port his 7M head. We have a transition piece from 4 to 3.5, there just wasn't a great spot to fit it. Also we will have a split downpipe with v-band. Otherwise not sure if we can even get in and out to wrap it. Dang tight squeeze. We will have 4 v-bands total to make it easier to take on and off..

p1826101_1.jpg

p1826101_2.jpg

p1826101_3.jpg

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
leecheater;1825726 said:
Yes, I am pretty sure they are GM wheels. He used these tires to keep it low to the ground. No tie down straps came with it, but there are a bunch of places to tie onto to hold her down, plus there are spots to build sides if need be. I am thinking of a cheap winch. My truck has a wire that we use for charging the pick up camper battery while driving down the road, so hooking it up will be easy. We may need to modify the ramps so we can move them narrower. Jesse's BMW fit on there, so hopefully the Supra will without the hassle of messing with them. I am quite pleased with it. I looked a long time to find one that was low and all metal. Plus it is red and has those nice wheels.

Thats awesome! We use to have a trailer with older GM ralley wheels. I really like the way they look. Build looks great can't wait to see it finished.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
The drive shaft loop came in today's mail. I was pleasantly surprised how thick and heavy duty it is. Shouldn't be too tough to get it on, while we finish the exhaust fabrication.

p1827260_1.jpg

p1827260_2.jpg

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Well, today we officially fired up the 2JZ, although we have had her popping over for a few seconds here and there checking wiring. She is far from dialed in. I plan on finishing up a few small issues, need more vacuum line, make a small bracket for dip stick, tie down power steering container. I made a couple of clips. Click on photo.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Last night, Sean got the timing tensioner back to working like it is supposed to. This eliminated the noise that I knew wasn't normal. We put everything back together. Today I made about 10 darn good vacuum pulls. Then I drove her easy over to Clearwater with Sean following in the BMW. She still runs a bit rough at times but the more I drove the more confidence I got in our new set up. Drove about 20 miles, put her back on the hoist and drained out the Brad Penn break in oil, fixed a coolant leak, then took her over to my attached garage and gave her a damn good bath. Then out for another short cruise tonight. I plan to drive her a bit every night after work, then this weekend, put on a couple of hundred miles. She still needs a tune, but is running appropriately rich when I accelerated. I did one pretty good short pull tonight. She goes from 0 boost to 20 so damn quick. Can't wait to turn up the boost.