Kotu's NA-t swap

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
any suggestions on a decent cheap replacement, i wont be upgrading from the stock turbo for the next couple years so i dont need much more than OEM.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
kotu100 said:
any suggestions on a decent cheap replacement, i wont be upgrading from the stock turbo for the next couple years so i dont need much more than OEM.

Just get a new one from Toyota. I drive an auto so don't have much advice for clutches. My Celica GT-S I used to have was a stick and I replaced the clutch in it with OEM one. That's all I know :icon_bigg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
got the pistons out today, all the rings looked fine along w/ the rod bearings. looked like very little wear, even the crank journals look fine. im starting to think i shoulda left this motor together... DOH!
im just wonderin how the F im supossed to get the crank pulley off now .... :(
pics tomorrow

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
At least buy a replacement clutch disc, that way you know you've got plenty of miles left. The only concern is that you might not have a perfectly flat clutch cover surface.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i know how you guys here LOOOOOOVE paint pics. well stay tuned, engine bay is gettin painted today. WOOT! :boobies:

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
I like those rims....any chance you could hook me up with them in the future? :naughty:

p877159_1.jpg

^^^ Is that a Burger King cup i see?? lol fatass :biglaugh:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
TuRbOdReAmZ87;877159 said:
I like those rims....any chance you could hook me up with them in the future? :naughty:

p877168_1.jpg

^^^ Is that a Burger King cup i see?? lol fatass :biglaugh:

haha yup, fast food 3-4 times a week. 6'0" 150lbs im a regular Fat Albert :biglaugh:

you should se the rest of the garage.... its a friggin mess. my brothers golf kart that hes puttin a CBR600 motor in takes up so much space when i was workin on the motor i had about 1 ft in front and behind the car to move around...
as for the rims, yea i can hook u up w/ em, i just wanna burn the tires off 1st cuz thet dont hold air longer than a day. no centercaps tho.

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
^^ thats ok i could find center caps. I would probably want to powder coat em some nice color, depending on what color my supra would be. And i would burn the tires too if they were mine haha. If your garage is that bad, you need to clean and organize it dude!! :biglaugh:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
TuRbOdReAmZ87;877214 said:
^^ thats ok i could find center caps. I would probably want to powder coat em some nice color, depending on what color my supra would be. And i would burn the tires too if they were mine haha. If your garage is that bad, you need to clean and organize it dude!! :biglaugh:

thats my brother's bay, mine is a lot more organized. mostly cuz its like half the size. ill take some pics of the garage tonite as well. let everyone see what im workin w/ here. just finished scuffing and masking, going out to spray rite now. HEHEHEHE :love:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
some teaser pics, dont have full coverage yet but i wanna scuff up a couple spots some more before i give it another coat.
color is dark, with a SHITLOAD of metallic. i looooove it. :love::love::love:

p877357_1.jpg

p877357_2.jpg

watcha think?

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
the flash makes the metallic more noticable. paint code is 1C6, Graphite Grey Pearl, used on new toyotas, and lexus'. looks really dark (almost black) in the shade, but looks lighter in the sun. i couldnt decide between black and graphite so i went with both lol.

sprayed a couple light coats on the hood to see what it would look like, can still see some primer spots as i ran out of paint and didnt wanna mix more just yet.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
TuRbOdReAmZ87;878345 said:
I CANT wait to see the whole car done!!! :evil2: Are you using professional tools like spray gun, sprayer stuff like that? When do you think it'll all be done?

yea i have a decent gun i got on ebay last year for about $110, and i have an air dryer system so no moisture gets in the paint. nothing really specific on the engine bay, just a good clean and scuff. however since it didnt hide the red too well i may just primer the outside of the car black 1st so i dont need as much paint for full coverage.
as for the paint i got it at a local sherwin williams and so far i like it. looks like some quality stuff.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i think so, and i hope so. im thinkin about just goin APR head bolts w/ an OEM head gasket. im not planning on making big power with this i mostly just need a DD. i think i should be ok w/ the non MHG if i dont go over 350hp. i really dont wanna have to get the engine machined. everything looks like its in good condition, just need new pistons, rings, and bearings.