Kotu's NA-t swap

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
thanks for the comments guys, the paint only takes about overnight to dry, but a couple weeks to fully cure since i can't bake it, but i'll still be able to drive it, just have to was with soap and water everyday to keep contaminants off.

as for the wheel chad has it about right. my girl was driving my car @ the time, it felt like she hit a speedbump @ 30mph, i came off my seat. only live a mile away from where it happened so just drive home. saw the damage on the wheel so went back for pics for evidence. it bent all 4 wheels, that being the worst and only one that wouldnt hold air. went to good brothers dodge in weymouth after talking with the contractors ins. company and got an estimate. 4 wheels, 4 tires, 2 front struts= $3600. so we'll see how much i really get.
these r the wheels i ordered to replace em.
they'll be in thursday. we'll see if they fit on the soup as well :)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Yea its almost all back together now, but no pics yet... its humiliating.
The friggin place i get my paint from can't mix 2 different batches of the EXACT same color. My pass. door, front header panel, headlight covers are all a bit darker than everything else, and lots of blotchy metallic.
Never sprayed anything with so much metallic before. figure i can just wetsand and polish for now and just respray the whole exterior in the springtime.

but since you asked nicely i'll put some pics up tomorrow when its light out.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
TuRbOdReAmZ87;1156488 said:
Alright man cool. Is it registered and insured yet? When you coming by and taking me for a drive and lettin me drive it? ;) I want you to meet some of my good friends. They would like you. :icon_surp

no its not on the road yet, gotta wiat for the check to come in for my wheels cuz i spend my ins. money on the new wheels.
still gotta fix the exhaust and get that on too....

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
ok sooooo im on the road, put about 40 miles on it so far, gonna be retorquing the head studs today just to make sure. and i know i been slackin on the pics. keep forgettin the camera in the car and its friggin raining out.... the last 3 weeks no rain, the day i get my car on the road = rain for 2 days... :( ghey!!
well expect pics in about an hour or so.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
yea sry lol

after driving for like 20 mins once it warms up the idle is real low and it sometimes stalls out. and i think i might have a teeny coolant leak.

also at a high RPM around like 5k (when im gettin on it) something gets louder but i cant pinpoint where its coming from. im thinkin maybe cuz of the stock head.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
Bump for a really good friend and the dood whos helping me with my NA-T swap thank effing god you've gone through all the bull spit for me dood i dont need to worry about the headaches enless we run into new problems =). Can't wait for the driftmotion.com package to come in tomorrow and we can rip the son of a B**** apart and get it moving
BUMP bump BUMPITY BUMP