Jake's mkIII V8 killer

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Running... driving... ready to go. :drink1: Finally I have a car that drives again. Pictures and more info to follow now is time for bed. :sleep:

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
It feels great... I love the way that car drive, handles, feels, sounds! OH and i think that my Boss GT61 trim spools to fast haha jk. it is right there all of the time

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
funky_monkey58;1350110 said:
Btw you will be likely to clog that filter ask me how I know....

So yeah... driving home from work tonight and the car died. no fuel pressure. one of my fuses popped for the voltage supply. But I also pulled the fuel filter off.. all kinda crap in there. Going to fix some wiring and switch to a different filter.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
scubajtw;1354936 said:
So yeah... driving home from work tonight and the car died. no fuel pressure. one of my fuses popped for the voltage supply. But I also pulled the fuel filter off.. all kinda crap in there. Going to fix some wiring and switch to a different filter.
:3d_frown:

pop out your injectors too they now have shit in their filters. New filters can be had at www.ravenworksllc.com for about $.40 each.

Ask me how I know this too.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
scubajtw;1354143 said:
Running... driving... ready to go. :drink1: Finally I have a car that drives again. Pictures and more info to follow now is time for bed. :sleep:

Good news to read with my morning coffee :icon_bigg Now it is just time to work on any bugs that may come up and tinker with it.

funky_monkey58;1354963 said:
Ask me how I know this too.

How about instead of keep on saying " ask me how I know" you just share what you have done and your results ;)

BTW the
p1354978_1.gif
is going to BIR Tomorrow (wednesday) for shits and giggles.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
92nsx;1354978 said:
Good news to read with my morning coffee :icon_bigg Now it is just time to work on any bugs that may come up and tinker with it.

How about instead of keep on saying " ask me how I know" you just share what you have done and your results ;)

BTW the
p1355089_1.gif
is going to BIR Tomorrow (wednesday) for shits and giggles.

Alright when we ran one of those little filters our injectors also clogged to the post of the car would barely idle and would spike lean if you tried to move it. Replaced the filters then flow tested them all was good again.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks Funky and 92. I am thinking of how I am going to relocate the filter... was thinking in the trunk by where the spare tire goes. Couple of problems is no spare and fuel inside the car. I am not worried about the injector filters I am just waiting on some custom 1000cc suprasport injectors. Then my old ones are going right to jack to be redone also

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
So Funky stopped by and we threw some spark plugs in it... not a big deal but what i pulled out was. The porcelain cracked on the center electrode on the plug cracked and was sliding up and down the electrode. :3d_frown: I am lucky that didnt drop and bounce around like a super ball.

I also hooked up my catch can and made PCV system. I was blowing a lot of smoke right away, my out line was large enough to let all of the pressure out and making pressure in the crankcase. I drove a few miles and figured out that this was an issue. I pulled the hose and problem solved.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
HommerSimpson;1377638 said:
Nice project... but question... do you have any more pictures of the cylinders ? im not seeing honeing marks in the pictures i see now.. was just curious

I looked through the pictures that I have and I didnt see any that showed them. Sorry about that, but as a side note they did look very nice from a in person look.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
p1377675_1.jpg

I will have to remember to bring those clips down soon for your plug wires. I will Pm you the guys number with the front end pieces you need.

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
funky_monkey58;1377678 said:
No problem. I bet I still even have an extra bread board and housing sitting around somewhere.

So it looks like i am going to be putting coil overs on hold until i figure out why i have 45 psi in cylinder 2 and 20psi in cylinder 5 and around 125 psi on all of the other cylinders. Blowing smoke like i am fogging for bugs.

Sean you dont remember what cylinders i pulled those fubar spark plugs out of do you?

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
scubajtw;1389028 said:
So it looks like i am going to be putting coil overs on hold until i figure out why i have 45 psi in cylinder 2 and 20psi in cylinder 5 and around 125 psi on all of the other cylinders. Blowing smoke like i am fogging for bugs.

Sean you dont remember what cylinders i pulled those fubar spark plugs out of do you?
I don't remember. I would pull the head off You hay very well have messed something up. Have you done a leak down test yet?

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
Well i got the motor out, apart, and now am pissed. My head looks like someone took a sand blaster to it and ate away at part of it in the combustion chamber. I am heading out with my camera right now.