Homeowners association wanna take my supra away

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I could do it without scratching the driveway..Most wrecker guys have some tricks up there sleeves just for that..:) 4x4 posts..

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
I mean, dare to take it away with a gun to your head?

I'd egg the shit out of my neighbors. for really.

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
Man.. just read some of the earilier posts on this topic.. things like this make me like living where i do lol.

Unless this supra is a smoldering heap of metal/rust i really fail to see the point where they have to look at it. and if i got a notice like this in the mail i'd feel like they're trying to take a little bit of my freedom. and seeing as you ARE working on it slowly its not like you just put it there because you cant be bothered with it jeees..

[/rant]

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Sad enough not only in america :(, My neighbor (who's also the guy i rent our place from and literally Bus(c)h from my little 3 street town) told me to get rid of the supra... i told him to get lost, my supra, my rules (plus he made the mistake of coming over to complain on my birthday...)

But HOA's are everywhere, even in the netherlands. I've heard stories about HOA's deciding which pet's you can and can't have. Pathetic.

Racefiend

OH, YEAAHH!
Apr 6, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Boy I'm glad I don't have a HOA. They would have been pissed when I built my paintbooth in the driveway :)
p221656_1.jpg

But my neighbor across the street complained to the city (he complains about everything. Retired guy with nothing better to do. neighbors hate him). Said I was starting a painting business in my driveway LOL. Anyway, city came, I already tore it down. Dude was hella cool. He said just paint on the side of the house where no one can see. We have an ordinance no paint in the city.

Then the same neighbor complained later that my car was on jacks. Had just painted the engine bay in said booth. So I upgraded my suspension just for him

p221656_2.jpg

Looked legit from the outside with a car cover over it ;)

Mob

May 17, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
Racefiend said:
But my neighbor across the street complained to the city (he complains about everything. Retired guy with nothing better to do. neighbors hate him). Said I was starting a painting business in my driveway LOL. Anyway, city came, I already tore it down. Dude was hella cool. He said just paint on the side of the house where no one can see. We have an ordinance no paint in the city.

Lol.

So I'm pretty sure I have the exact copy of your neighbor. Also old and retired with nothing better to do than call the City about bogus crap.

Viva La Revolution!

p.s. Gorgeous Mk2, my continued first love :love:

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
DAMN 7 pages already well the problem is solved, and thanks for everybody support well I called the HOA and told them the car is running but gas is so expensive that we can not afford to drive the car they said they were sorry.

I just wanna figure out who called them and why I mean for one I've seen running cars in way worse shape then supra all the time.

Another thing is that all of my neighbors see the work I put in this car and nobodys ever complained to my face all I've gotten was compliments for how I'm busting my ass for this car and my age cause most seniors in high school dont take projects like this.

either way im just happy the HOA is off my ass for now

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
supradan22 said:
I just wanna figure out who called them and why I mean for one I've seen running cars in way worse shape then supra all the time.

my advise

do not bother. All it will do is fuel a revenge battle and no one wins except the HOA.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
drjonez said:
you really have little choice- shove it in the garage or fix it.....you're bound by the HOA's rules....

Agree, POAs are a good thing too btw, keeps people from putting up chicken coops, letting the grass grow, painting your house pink and purple polka dot, etc. If'n you don't like it fix the car or move.