Homeowners association wanna take my supra away

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
All right my supras been sitting in my drive way for a year now, I got it with a spun bearing and been slowly building up a 7mgte for a swap.

Well today in the mail I got a letter from the homeowners association saying that they have receaved complaints about my car that it has an outdated tag and its an eye sore to the comunity.

What kinda of bullshit is that its in my driveway and I would personally like to see them even attempt to tow my car with out lossing a bumper the car is sitting on blown shocks and shitty cut springs right now.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
well my first thought in readin that was damn that sux. and second was WTF were you thinking cutting springs. I thought that was just a honda thing?

C

cnewingham

I went through that here in San Diego. I have a rod iron gate around my house also. They said it was a public nus., long story short I appealed it and all I got was a 60 day ext. to either have it running or towed. Worst part is that my daily driver is in worse appearence cond. wise yet they targeted my sup. Oh well I have till tom. to have it running but I dont think my harness is going to be here in time so I will just tow it to my friends house and bring it back once the harness comes in.

N

NDBoost

back it into your driveway and put a car cover on it. Problem solved, when asked tell them its a classic car and it does not have auto insurance for coverage. If they give you problems take it to court.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
rakkasan said:
Be considerate to your neighbors & put it in your garage.....
I know where you live, if you have a bicycle on the drive way too long someone is gunna complain... lol...

Dan, just put it in the garage or get a cover for it... I will never.........EVER....... live in a neighborhood that has a homowner association... I dont need someone voting on what color I can and cant paint my house or what kind of mail box I have to have... But unfortunately for you, your living in a neighborhood like that and you should follow thier requests...

Oh and Ryan, I dont think he cut the springs, I think he bought the car that way... :D

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
man that sux i dealt with that BS b4
i had a Mustang 71' MACH 1 and the virginia community association or sum crap was driving by and did the same thing....
and unfortunatley i had to get rid of it.....cuz that was no way i could of fixed it.....which i was when i got older and had a higher paying job...
so i gave up the mach 1 .....:cry:
oh well i have the SUPRA:love:
put it in your garage or put in the backyard ....ASAP

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
I was getting the same thing, they were saying i would wake them up every morning....9am....and that is was an eysore also, just becuase of the age of the car, she is still prettier though!!

Anyways just put it in your garage and they cannot complain, if they do file a complaint to the HA for harrasment and they will look into it, maybe solve your issues

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Wow that is some BS. My car has left a nice huge 3 by 6 foot stain in front of my house. We dont have a homeowners assoctiation(thank god) but if we did my Supra would of been gone long ago.

The city wants to pass an ordinance that concerns towable trailers. We have a shed in out side yard and a 32' trailer parked there. So if we got rid of the shed we could move the trailer completely behind the fence gate which was the first objective. Now they want it to be completely out of view. I dont think we are gonna install an 18' tall fence. Oh well.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I'd do what the other guy said and try and get an extension so you can fix it. Or ask them if you covered it up or had it registered, if it would be OK.

How would you like it if everyone in your neighborhood had a broken down car in their driveway too? I have to agree with them. Living in the rules of a HOA can be a pain in the ass, but it also ensures you have a decent community.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
All they should require is for it to have current tabs.. Put some tabs on it?
As for being an eyesore, I think that they should just say it is "not their style" and STFU... lol

I like to mess with people like that..

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
But my HOA is ridiculous, i put two fairly large rocks(to stick behind the tires), in my flower garden and three days later HOA rep comes to the door saying i have to move them, being a smart ass i said that they compliment the garden, now they are in my garage along with my supra, while others can leave their mercedes, bmw's, lexis' outside, my brother elise got kicked out the garage, so i thought that was funny

its alright now though, with these gas prices itll be there for a while

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Yeah man I rented a house that was part of a HOA, they didnt really bother me much but God forbid if anyone went two wks without raking the leaves out of their yard. They circulated a newsletter and call out whoever's yard it was in it. They would even make an official recommendation on which yard service they should use if they felt they were "either too busy or too lazy to groom their yards" lol. Of course they had all kinds of rules about what you can and cant do with your yard etc. It just all seemed to be a bit much if you ask me. What really bothers me is their your way or the hwy attitude. I dont know if they are all like this, but this one could kick you out of the neighborhood if you didnt follow their rules. Just put it in your garage or get some new tags on the vehicle

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
hmm well i guess i did spell it wrong....um here...lexus' :biglaugh:, if you put it in your back yard you my have to have a canopy or something for it, they may still hassle you about it, i know our backyards have to be kept up

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
heh no one complains about my car. im a scarry guy so they keep their mouths shut :D
but for you man, that sucks big time. Tell them simply you cannot afford to do asnythign about it at the moment and that you have no space. or just car cover it up :D

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
^^^ LOL :) I would make a fence out of crushed cars just for them...

edit: Unless Rakkasan was my neighbor..LOL

Seriously though, they would not let me live there..

Last edited: