Homeowners association wanna take my supra away

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Reign_Maker said:
I know where you live, if you have a bicycle on the drive way too long someone is gunna complain... lol...

Dan, just put it in the garage or get a cover for it... I will never.........EVER....... live in a neighborhood that has a homowner association... I dont need someone voting on what color I can and cant paint my house or what kind of mail box I have to have... But unfortunately for you, your living in a neighborhood like that and you should follow thier requests...

Oh and Ryan, I dont think he cut the springs, I think he bought the car that way... :D

My dickhead neighbor will cause me to lose 10's of thousands because he doesn't maintain his property IAW the HOA's bylaws. HOA's aren't for everyone. If someone objects to the bylaws of a HOA, simply don't sign the lease/mortgage.

Trust me, if the HOA takes you to court, you WILL lose. I had watched a house in our house get foreclosed for not paying the HOA dues. I have also witnessed the court levee massive penalties againt a homeowner that didn't maintain his propery as required. Personally, I'm thankful for the enforcement. If I lose 5% of my equity due to my neighbors laziness, I'm going to kick 20G's out of his ass.

C

cnewingham

once the complaint is made you can not simply cover it. They want a permanent solution. Put it in the garage, behind a 6ft fence or get rid of it. They are assholes about this crap.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
The Homeowners association in my nieghborhood is a bunch of crap.
Almost every rule has been broken and no-one does a thing.
The family who wrote up the rules, were the first to break it. There's a rule that no-one can have motorcycles or boats in their driveway/yard, and they bought their kid a dirtbike. the other side of my nieghborhood is mostly 800k+ houses, and half of them have massive boats in their driveway.

Try finding a loop-hole in their rules. Like Joel said throw some plates on there? Put a cover over it when it has to be outside? But the garage is the best place for it now I guess. And your brother could just park his Elise under a tacoma or something lol.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
HOA are tight on money

So much so that if you take them to court, they will have to get the money from somewhere and usually ends up coming from the moron...... eerrr people that pay into that HOA. If they increase by a large sum most HOA gets dissolved.

On another note

Banruptcy automatically cleans out the HOA from your housing as "it is not needed" and a financial burden. What this means is that while everyone else pays the HOA, while in banruptcy, you don't give them anything but a dime and as such means you do not participate in the HOA which means all is fair game ;)

Ask me how I know ;) hehe

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
Man if I was you I would find a place to put the Supra for the time being and go out and get some old multi colored rusted out Honda and put that in place, that will give the HOA something to complain about. LOL

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
figgie said:
Banruptcy automatically cleans out the HOA from your housing as "it is not needed" and a financial burden. What this means is that while everyone else pays the HOA, while in banruptcy, you don't give them anything but a dime and as such means you do not participate in the HOA which means all is fair game ;)

That doesn't work in Florida.....

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Joel W. said:
^^^ LOL :) I would make a fence out of crushed cars just for them...

edit: Unless Rakkasan was my neighbor..LOL

Seriously though, they would not let me live there..

that whould be sweet then have car that drive's and that can bee the door

lol sweet ness

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
rakkasan said:
That doesn't work in Florida.....

hate to break it to you but it does. See federal law over rides state and city law. My brother just went through a Chapter 13 filing (He lives in Kendall) and one of the things they took off, HOA. :)

It was great

two years of non-HOA payments while the courts did their "thing"

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I own a condo in california, lucky for me the roof is leaking!! :( But the HOA is going to pick up the tab to fix it. HOA also pays for fire and eathquake insurance, etc, etc....

So just be careful when you lose your HOA you could open yourself up to a lot of liabilities.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
figgie said:
hate to break it to you but it does. See federal law over rides state and city law. My brother just went through a Chapter 13 filing (He lives in Kendall) and one of the things they took off, HOA. :)

It was great

two years of non-HOA payments while the courts did their "thing"

After the court hands down it's ruling regarding the Bankruptcy, the HOA can petition the court for all past dues. HOA dues are not dischargeable.

Ask her, or him, or this couple, [URL="http://www.ahrc.com/new/index.php/src/news/sub/article/action/ShowMedia/id/18"]another lady loses house for not pay a mere $500, [/URL]and even legalaffairs.com weighs in on the power of Florida's HOA's....

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
rakkasan said:
After the court hands down it's ruling regarding the Bankruptcy, the HOA can petition the court for all past dues. HOA dues are not dischargeable.

Ask her, or him, or this couple, [URL="http://www.ahrc.com/new/index.php/src/news/sub/article/action/ShowMedia/id/18"]another lady loses house for not pay a mere $500, [/URL]and even legalaffairs.com weighs in on the power of Florida's HOA's....

they can petition all the want just as Credit card comapnies can and banks and lenders and but as with everything else bankruptcy

is at the discrettion of the court and guess what.

No back due where owed after the courts passed ruling. So HOA had to pass the cost to everyone else. Want to take a guess what happened afterwards? Since HOA are corporations owned by the public (which in the HOA case the public are the home owners themselves), buhbye HOA!!

HOA are not all high and mighty as you think they are.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
figgie said:
they can petition all the want just as Credit card comapnies can and banks and lenders and but as with everything else bankruptcy

is at the discrettion of the court and guess what.

No back due where owed after the courts passed ruling. So HOA had to pass the cost to everyone else. Want to take a guess what happened afterwards? Since HOA are corporations owned by the public (which in the HOA case the public are the home owners themselves), buhbye HOA!!

HOA are not all high and mighty as you think they are.

You have your facts screwed up. A chapter 13 bankruptcy is a restructuring of your debt (not discharged by the court), whereas a chapter 7 is a discharge of your listed debts.