High Compression in 1 cylinder others fine also smoke issue

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
dominicanpanda;1942681 said:
..okay guys I got the part numbers of the old fuel injectors thry are 440 Idk about what's inn it now

well if they aren't in it...then it's not a problem
also he's not jumping to conclusion he did a compression passed it so now were going to the turbo
a leak down test may be neccisary

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Compression test won't tell you anything about the oil control rings. Neither will a leak down. Why the turbo? And what does the injector size have to do with anything? This is quite a thread indeed!

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
becuase he has a lex afm housing but isn't sure what size injectors and doesn't have a tuner so he can't adjust the leanness/richness

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
3p141592654;1942703 said:
Compression test won't tell you anything about the oil control rings. Neither will a leak down. Why the turbo? And what does the injector size have to do with anything? This is quite a thread indeed!

just to rule the turbo out or it may possibly be the problem
gotta start somewhere...process of elimination

dominicanpanda

May 27, 2013
richond va
Okay so i dinally started pulling stuff off and low and behold my turbo is shot the play in and out is so great that its making noise also up and down i also found oil on the front of it,
i pulled off lower intercooler pipe and its bone dry
i snapped some pics of this gauge on the fuel rail which seems to be a fpr?
also the turbo bears no marks idk you guys tell me if ya know what turbo it is
got pics of my afm it bears lexus afm numbers but the housing mixture is threaded(from what i saw on the inside) but you cant adjust its flat on the outside

im trying to upload pics now but im running errors but as sson as i can i will post them!!!!

dominicanpanda

May 27, 2013
richond va
2libkev.jpg

5n2icw.jpg

14ty9aq.jpg

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
this is what my t61 looks like
does it by any chance say anything on the backside of the intake part of the turbo?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 2
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
It has been demonstrated many times that 440s and a Lex AFM will work without any leanness issues. The ECU has enough fuel trim to handle it. The only tangible risk is that at high boost you will max out the injectors before fuel cut, but that is debatable too. I don't advocate this setup, but it has been shown to work.

Oil coat on the intake to the compressor is PCV blowby. Looks pretty typical.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
btw the oil right on the ensued of te turbo is just blow by from the crankcase nothing to worry about
you can try taking the down pipe off and seeing if there is oil in the downpipe right behind the turbo

dominicanpanda

May 27, 2013
richond va
Na deff don't know how big is intake , and the turbo literally has no markings on the compressor also the exhaust side is too far gone with rust and shit that I don't even see any markings....wouldn't the major play cause it to smoke the way I'm experiencing? Idk how much play I'm experiencing but to put in perspective its like a kids tooth that's barely hanging on hahaha

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
well from my personal experience yes it would cause it to smoke
the picture I posted...the wheel has about an 1/8th inch play both in and out and side to side it touches the walls
I'm surprised that thing didnt wiggle and shoot a fun into my intake hahaha
as for how big the intake is just measure it

dominicanpanda

May 27, 2013
richond va
BryanDyer;1942745 said:
well from my personal experience yes it would cause it to smoke
the picture I posted...the wheel has about an 1/8th inch play both in and out and side to side it touches the walls
I'm surprised that thing didnt wiggle and shoot a fun into my intake hahaha
as for how big the intake is just measure it

Hhhaaa lol well I will deff measure and let you guys know.
Also I guess I'm on the hunt for a new turbo so if you guys know of any deff let me know

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
there are about 3 or 4 bolt ons out there from driftmotion
then you have the bigger turbos that are bolt on from sound performance
how much are you looking to spend on te turbo?
keep in mind turbos have to be broken in

dominicanpanda

May 27, 2013
richond va
BryanDyer;1942755 said:
well to me it sounds like the turbo is shot
someone may disagree with me

Probably regardless the turbo looks old and rusty I was going to upgrade it but I need to know why the car smokes the way it does which I'm hoping is the turbo I'm looking to spend like 400 bucks on a turbo since the car already has decent upgrades I'm thinking about slapping the 550cc ,bigger better turbo ,safc, wideband etc,arp studs . And hoping to put down like 375 to 400