HELLO Supramaniacs !! MY BUILD THREAD! (Boost inside aka I really wanted a Mk3)

Justin727

T-virus infected
ya know I've searched really hard after katrina for a flooded mk4... :( no luck. But i've only known you and another guy which is local to actually get one from katrina area.
Really makes me angry since I'm right in the middle of all this and it slipped right passed me...
BAH

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Justin727 said:
ya know I've searched really hard after katrina for a flooded mk4... :( no luck. But i've only known you and another guy which is local to actually get one from katrina area.
Really makes me angry since I'm right in the middle of all this and it slipped right passed me...
BAH

This wasn't flooded. Just wind damage.
It sat outside through katrina and got the debris damage but never flooded.

Last edited:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
We have a local guy who has put a V160 into a Mk3 and we are all speculating that first gear will be absolutely useless due to the high gear ratio's of the tranny and rear end. Does your car have the opposite effect? Do you find it a bit in first? With your mods this probably isn't an issue but maybe with a stock Mk4 it might be more noticeable.

Also, I much prefer the new wheels and wingless. You are now driving my ultimate Mk4. I think the Work Equips are more suited to Mk3's.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Great looking MK4, Black leather interior FTW!!! Toyota F'ed us MK3 owners up all I got was a dark blue interior, black in a mk3 is like finding a hot girl with low self esteem. But I digress.

The only way you could make it better looking would be if you had a CF TRD vented hood. I love that hood on the MK4 the knock offs for other cars look crappy because it only works on a mk4's lines. Nice car though man +10 for you!

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Sawbladz said:
We have a local guy who has put a V160 into a Mk3 and we are all speculating that first gear will be absolutely useless due to the high gear ratio's of the tranny and rear end. Does your car have the opposite effect? Do you find it a bit in first? With your mods this probably isn't an issue but maybe with a stock Mk4 it might be more noticeable.

Also, I much prefer the new wheels and wingless. You are now driving my ultimate Mk4. I think the Work Equips are more suited to Mk3's.

1st gear is fine as far as the revs\gearing go but the power that comes on @ 3k just ignites the tires so I quickly go into 2nd anyways. The R154 matches VERY nicely with the Auto TT rear gearing.

TY for the love.

Wills7MGTE said:
Great looking MK4, Black leather interior FTW!!! Toyota F'ed us MK3 owners up all I got was a dark blue interior, black in a mk3 is like finding a hot girl with low self esteem. But I digress.

The only way you could make it better looking would be if you had a CF TRD vented hood. I love that hood on the MK4 the knock offs for other cars look crappy because it only works on a mk4's lines. Nice car though man +10 for you!

If you want my black leather you can buy it. It's just sitting in my house cause I have the sparcos in currently.
Also I have this hood :

sm_photo_missing.jpg

but I ESPECIALLY like to drive the car while it's raining so all the aftermarket hoods I decided to not put on so my engine doesn't get soaked.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
very very nice car i too was on keesler at the time... the damage was crazy. i wish i could find some sort of mk4 project like yours.

Interex

Mar 30, 2005
Houston, TX
Looks good man. Im actually about to do an R154 conversion on my TT as well. Do you have any pics of the work that they did to extend the shifter? I have a few of the W58 that was extended on clubna-t but haven't see an R154. The shifters look identical but just wanted to see for myself. I just got a Soarer transmission but I'm probably going to end up just using it to get the right measurements to build a custom extension on a USDM R154.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Car is up for sale due to financial restraints.
If you of a party interested plz point them this way.

I'm open to trades + cash or straight up offers.
Link in my sig. :(