HELLO Supramaniacs !! MY BUILD THREAD! (Boost inside aka I really wanted a Mk3)

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
I hope so :)
All I know is I was pricing for the 6spd V160 swap and the tranny alone goes for like $4k if it's in good condition and I'm doing the whole swap with parts\labor etc for less than that on the R154.
I've seen some HIGH HP MKIII's running the stock tranny and figured it'd be more than enough to handle my needs as of now.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Element256 said:
I hope so :)
All I know is I was pricing for the 6spd V160 swap and the tranny alone goes for like $4k if it's in good condition and I'm doing the whole swap with parts\labor etc for less than that on the R154.
I've seen some HIGH HP MKIII's running the stock tranny and figured it'd be more than enough to handle my needs as of now.

Yea I did the R154 on the Gold Supra. Came out nice.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
On the R154 note has anyone heard of the 1st gear Thrust Washer being a weakpoint ? I read somewhere it was Nylon which I refuse to believe and that replacing it with a better material increases the resiliance of the tranny.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
37 \ 30

On the R154 note has anyone heard of the 1st gear Thrust Washer being a weakpoint ? I read somewhere it was Nylon which I refuse to believe and that replacing it with a better material increases the resiliance of the tranny.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Element256 said:
37 \ 30

yes it is. mine broke and i replaced it with a new one holding just fine! and no its not a nylon thrust washer