ffim available in the near future?

Woody1989

Apr 17, 2008
Texas
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but what is typically done with the fuse box and battery? I assume that's where the IC plumbing will be going. I'm not real keen on placing the battery in the hatch unless it can be completely hidden. Anyone have rear battery installations that completely hide the battery?

Definitely excited about the product. I too got an email notice from Jack and a prompt response to my initial questions.

Keep up the good work!

Best,

Brad

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Woody1989;1227749 said:
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but what is typically done with the fuse box and battery? I assume that's where the IC plumbing will be going. I'm not real keen on placing the battery in the hatch unless it can be completely hidden. Anyone have rear battery installations that completely hide the battery?

Definitely excited about the product. I too got an email notice from Jack and a prompt response to my initial questions.

Keep up the good work!

Best,

Brad

I am excited people actually read my email updates!!!
Once I print the final mockup part I will be addressing all those issues and building kits that will be available for most applications. We have the piping ideas pretty much figured out but pics will not come until the final prototype is done

I have to say one of the best part of my job is making parts Greg makes into easy kits. The parts a always perfect and I get to touch them first:icon_bigg

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
what about one of those thick thermal gasket spacers I have seen, if they are truly as effective as I have heard for dropping manifold temps then a design incorporating one might be worth looking in to.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I could be (and probably am) wrong but I think IJ is talking about breaking the laminar flow. He mentioned it in another FFIM build thread. I think it was the one where MK3Brent was working on a cast design. However I can't help explain what those "lumps and bumps" look like.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that this looks like something I'll probably end up being lazy and buying instead of building my own. Assuming that it goes in the direction that I like :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Jack: Sorry not a damn thing....

Even checked my pics folders in case I'd saved them and I can't remember which friend sent me the photo's....

From memory they were about 5mm wide vertical lumps/ridges in the outer wall opposite the rear edge of the port, like small dams.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
We are using one of the thermo gaskets on Gregs 3000 and we havn't really noticed any temp difference. The only reason we are still using it is it works as a great 1/4" spacer.

I don't really think it's necessary, I don't know if they make one that fits the 7M and if the head to manifold studs would be long enough or it you would have to replace them PITA

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
IJ.;1227768 said:
Jack: Sorry not a damn thing....

Even checked my pics folders in case I'd saved them and I can't remember which friend sent me the photo's....

From memory they were about 5mm wide vertical lumps/ridges in the outer wall opposite the rear edge of the port, like small dams.

I think if for some reason we have some different flow patterns in an individual runner we will be looking into adding some ideas like that but we are keeping it simple until than

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
the t3d;1227771 said:
yea i was also curious about the fuse panel box...
i love when new products come out for a car that's like 20 years old!

-t3d

Jump on Suprasport and look into the complete product lines and then LIPP

You will love LIPP (gregs) product line up

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SupraSportJack;1227778 said:
I think if for some reason we have some different flow patterns in an individual runner we will be looking into adding some ideas like that but we are keeping it simple until than

It just breaks up the boundary layer/laminar flow inside the plenum and promotes some turbulance, if you have enough volume there should never be uneven flow once the motor is on boost.

It's not like building a manifold for an NA ;)

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey Jack,

"Are you using a Q45 on yours? The TB looks alot like the ones we are planning on using. What brand is yours? It looks bigger than the average Q45.
What mm TB do you use?"

It is one of the CNCed ones you can find on Ebay. Unfortunatly I bought a couple when they were pretty steep but they are quite cheap now. It is a 85mm TB (3.35") I don't even know if it had a brand on it. But they and very good for the money in my opinion, no problems with them!

Seth

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I love the even runner lengths.

How long are you shooting for, again?

What's the sectional area of the runners at the smallest point, currently? Will there be a smaller section, or all the same cross area?

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Pics updated. They are not the best, I had to use my digital camera and take a pic of the screen. We are still working it so I didn't want to pull the file into solid works to produce a jpg pic but when we get a little farthur I will

The different colors are just working layers that we use when building parts so don't mind them

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
thing i whould find nice to see one built from scartch is

1 rubber o ring sealing thick not small you get the idea makes shit easy and cheep no
buying gasket's and easy install

2 ovle to round runners

3 egr i hate to say it but most of every other after maket manfold just does not include one so why should you most places in cail you pop your hood and modded the motor they can fine you bad this is what i have bena told

4 plus why not make 2 vertions one egr one and releas the none egr frist to make money them meld them togther later on

5 make the flange blank let the user drill for his own bolt pattern even kid with hellmet that bang's his head on the bus window can oppate a drill or no some with one
or have temp plates of diffent thottle bodies befor sell ask what thottle body there use drill befor sell and charge 5 bones extra to do it for them or some thing

just make the comon size for poeple that want 90 tell file it dremmle it ect

and as for the dame thing ian mention i herd and sean it on the web beffor too but only on the rb26 it was on the itb set up thou if that makes a diff

oh yae and if you can most likly can't plastic whould rule since no heat soak

oh yae need more space form the last runner be the looks of it

and how many leter does it hold

i am not to found of the gap between the runner 3 big gap 3

Last edited: