AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
SupraSportJack;1226905 said:
..now is the time for input.

Since you asked.
The idea = Amazing
The proposed cost = Almost as good
The design = I would prefer it to be round over the slightly squared runner pictured. It is mostly a aesthetics thing but it also seems like excess matterial.

With the way the manifold curves there would be no way to polish the inside would there?

I'll be joining the e-mail list to see the progress.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
received the email this morning.

Buy the looks of it it will replace the upper intake manifold, thus bolting onto the lower one. Looks like it is time for me to stop fighting with my custom piece of shit FFIM from ******, buy a lower runner and wait tell this one is done. I like the idea of it looking OEM.

BTW I would like it to still have CSI, ISC since it does get cold up here in MN.

Last edited:

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
i like this, and will most likely buy it when you guys make it :) but lets keep the price down. because thats where alot of us are going to probably turn right back around if we see it past a certain point. the ideas for having different TB choices and other options is great. im interested in flow numbers now :p

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
WOW are the questions coming in fast through email and phone! It's nice to see so much interest.

Flow numbers...they will come once the final drawing is done. Every little change will alter it slightly.

Round VS current shape...We just don't want it to look like a round tube welded on

Weight...should be about half than any out there because it is invest cast. Welds are heavy and welded FFIM tend to use thicker aluminum to make it easier to weld, we do not have those restrictions

Pipes...IDK, most likely you will need to fab up your own, I will probably build a complete kit that will include FFIM, IC and pipes...easy bolt on stuff!

They will come with a ISC and CSI blocked off with plates. If you want to use the ports simply take the plate off and your good to go

We do not use the lower runners. These is a complete cast piece from flange to plenium. It will simply bolt onto the intake manifold

We will of coarse keep the $$$ as low as we can, lower price=more sales=more happy customers:icon_bigg

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
A few more things you can'r really tell from the pics. The entire plenium will actually sit closer to the fuel rail. When we do our drawing we have the LIPP fuel rail in there for fitment. If you still use the stock fuel rail that is actually smaller than the LIPP Fuel rail so fitment for that will not be an issue at all.
There will be pads on the bottom of each runner so you will be able to tap them for direct port nitrous injection.

Invest cast is a process of casting parts that gives very close tolerances to start. There will be no need for smoothing out rough spots, there will be no rough spots to start with. All of our products are invest cast, so if you own any of them you will know what the finish will be.
Once we 3D print the part I will get quotes for polishing, and you will be able to see pics of it installed before it is ever cast; t will be printed within 2 weeks

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
looks like a great design, and makes me feel like a bit of an idiot for putting so much effort into getting my MK4 manifold to fit...

If flanging for the q45 tb, be wary of the clearance between the throttle arm (at WOT) and the hood...I wasn't, and now I've got to re-design the throttle arm.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If I actually did this, and it is a clean install, I could do tooquicks ignition mod at the same time. It would just depend on...ergonomics.

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
this sounds awesome and probably exactly what i was looking for in the future. yea i got the email last night and it put the biggest smile on my face. keep us informed on the updates! i'll be buying one...eventually =0)

-t3d

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i like it, and if it looks "stock" then that should help with sales for some states. That and its all one piece, i've always been worried about a FFIM cracking, or falling apart...

Beautiful product once again. I cant wait to see the dyno numbers over a stock manifold!

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Rennat;1227187 said:
i like it, and if it looks "stock" then that should help with sales for some states. That and its all one piece, i've always been worried about a FFIM cracking, or falling apart...

Beautiful product once again. I cant wait to see the dyno numbers over a stock manifold!

I am working on the looks of the manifold so that it will be more of the STOCK look.Should have an update to post on SS tonight.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Our original idea is no EGR...that being said and being on the phone all morning to everyone from the state of California we will look into it and see what we can come up with.
Just off the top of my head I was thinking about making the CSI port able to be used for EGR so it would be an either or scenerio. We are trying to make one product that will work for most applications.
Would the CSI or EGR setup work or are you guys looking to have both. I would like to move the EGR to the middle of the plenium for better spread.
We don't have any emission inspections here so EGR is the first theing we remove

Throw out some ideas for us

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
SupraSportJack;1227244 said:
Our original idea is no EGR...that being said and being on the phone all morning to everyone from the state of California we will look into it and see what we can come up with.
Just off the top of my head I was thinking about making the CSI port able to be used for EGR so it would be an either or scenerio. We are trying to make one product that will work for most applications.
Would the CSI or EGR setup work or are you guys looking to have both. I would like to move the EGR to the middle of the plenium for better spread.
We don't have any emission inspections here so EGR is the first theing we remove

Jack,

If you could make the egr basically plug and play into its original spot, and use a tube to disperse the gas into the front of the manifold, many people would be interested in that aspect. Once your tooling is setup it wouldn't cost much more to have that on there.

Also try to make everything as close to stock locations as possible. As you know people are retarded and often confused extending wires.

Then possibly offer throttle body adapter plates so people can run what ever TB they want. Stock, Q45, accufab, and the mustang TB is pretty good base coverage.

Besides that the obvious bits such as Throttle cable, intercooler piping etc. Offer it all as a kit maybe?

When tax season rolls through expect me to come stopping by to buy some lipp goodies!

-Sean

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
SupraSportJack;1227244 said:

Could you not run the egr in the same manner as the 2jz manifold? It basically has a pipe that runs from the back of the manifold and introduces the exhaust gases right behind the throttle butterfly, resulting in a relatively good distribution of the EG.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
adampecush;1227269 said:
Could you not run the egr in the same manner as the 2jz manifold? It basically has a pipe that runs from the back of the manifold and introduces the exhaust gases right behind the throttle butterfly, resulting in a relatively good distribution of the EG.

That is what I was thinking. Also, in similarity to the 2J....angle the tb flange down some to help accomodate height.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Rennat;1227228 said:
Another thing i havent seen mentioned... what are you doing about EGR? are you going to make it disperse more evenly to all cylinders?

About as evenly over a front facing intake's air charge as opposed to a center one. :nono:

Include the EGR. They can always run a block off plate with a different ECM like now.