ffim available in the near future?

cheverlot

auto tec
Nov 5, 2006
south carolina
it would be nice if it had a ic pipe to fit the stock ic becouse most people do not have a welder to fab one up. for me a egr,csi,iac is a must got to keep it legal lol

lzalusky

Apr 14, 2005
Sacramento CA
Sorry if this has been covered, but is there a provision for the stock brace that runs from the motor mount to the intake manifold? If its easy to do this might be something to incorporate so the manifold doesn't fatigue and crack at the mounting flange.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Fitting a FFIM to a stock IC isn't really going to do alot in performance for you. Getting the stock IC piping wrapped all the way back around is probably going to cost more than picking up a Xo2 IC and replacing the stock...and much more efficient.

It will have the brace, we are going to try and use the stock one. It's easy enough to build into the casting at this point in time.

Brent...I think you will hear from Greg tommorrow

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Nope, 7M.

Just for reference (some flow works modifications):

p1228570_1.jpg

Last edited:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
SupraSportJack;1228494 said:
The problem with producing blanks is it is slightly less work than making it a finished product. We have already got the flange locked in as the Mustang bolt pattern for a 90mm. That allows us to make the largest opening and make one adapter plate, so far it's been the easiest thing we had to figure out.
Kit prices will vary and get more expensive as they get extensive. I love making up nice kits and gives me something else to do besides sit on the phone all day.
On a retailer side it's worth putting more time and investment in now to be able to stock one part that fits many customer requests.
The EGR was a part that we had no intention of offering but I have talked to I think half the state of California the last two days and we see the point now. It is dueable and I am digging through a box of removed parts tommorrow to see if I can find the removed EGR off my car. I am going to try to incorporate the stock system into it. CSI is on it and the ISC or IAC is figured out too. Looks like I will have the 3D print done much sooner than expected!!

Let me know if you don't find your egr setup I have a couple lying around up here in st.cloud and would send one your way for cost of postage.

I have a little over $500 worth of stuff I want to be purchasing from you guys this next month.

-Sean

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
MK3Brent;1228557 said:
Looking good.

Remember if there's anything you guys need, just e-mail me.

-Brent

Brent, There is a lot of things I need. Brent, you could take a drive on over here and do my solid works 3D for me. That is what I need the most right now.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
lzalusky;1228543 said:
Sorry if this has been covered, but is there a provision for the stock brace that runs from the motor mount to the intake manifold? If its easy to do this might be something to incorporate so the manifold doesn't fatigue and crack at the mounting flange.

I was planning on the support/motor mount brace, but I will place it after the first pattern is made, it will be a pain in my ass to locate it in the right sport otherwise.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
hey guys, please keep this on topic. I would also, really appreciate the knee jerk reactions be kept to a minimum with facts not being known. Usually tends to keep bitterness and hostilitiess to a minimum. There is the PM function for that btw.

Thanks!

-Figgie

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
figgie;1228948 said:
hey guys, please keep this on topic. I would also, really appreciate the knee jerk reactions be kept to a minimum with facts not being known. Usually tends to keep bitterness and hostilitiess to a minimum. There is the PM function for that btw.

Thanks!

-Figgie

Were all playing together again...no worries

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
funky_monkey58;1228595 said:
Let me know if you don't find your egr setup I have a couple lying around up here in st.cloud and would send one your way for cost of postage.

I have a little over $500 worth of stuff I want to be purchasing from you guys this next month.

-Sean

Sean,
I looked through every box here and we do not have a single EGR setup anywhere. I need all the parts that go from the flange to the manifold and and other little parts of it. LMK what shipping is.
Thanks in advance!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
SupraSportJack;1229131 said:
Sean,
I looked through every box here and we do not have a single EGR setup anywhere. I need all the parts that go from the flange to the manifold and and other little parts of it. LMK what shipping is.
Thanks in advance!

Emilio is going to be going down to stillwater on saturday. I will have him drop off an egr setup for you. I'm sure he would love to talk some turbo talk with you guys.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
SupraSportJack;1228494 said:
The problem with producing blanks is it is slightly less work than making it a finished product. We have already got the flange locked in as the Mustang bolt pattern for a 90mm. That allows us to make the largest opening and make one adapter plate, so far it's been the easiest thing we had to figure out.
i was just thinking ,you could make the intake flange big enough to support a couple of different tb's.if somebody could purchase the mani and have enough beaf on the flange to drill it for a q45 ,let's say.i figured it was worth mentioning because the q45 can be had for $60 with the tps.i believe there is also a sticky on wiring it up to work with the stock ecu.
if you use an addapter flange ,it might affect ic pipe clearance.the q45 might be a little longer then a aftermarket mustang tb.i have a q45 here that,i could get a measurement on to compare

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The adapter flange won't need to be thick to work. I have a 70mm & 80mm TB in the Q45 pattern and they will sit in the same location as the 90mm with an adapter plate. The TB's we use do not use the coolant lines and such which is what usually makes the "Q45" so long

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
I don't know if you thought about it, but what I was going to do, Jack, was leave the TB plates either blank for customer's use, or tap 2 different patterns and thread in blind studs for the holes not used.

p1229417_1.jpg

p1229417_2.jpg

These are not to scale, or anything.. just to give an idea.
Gasket should cover the inner holes if using the latter, but some kind of thread seal should be used too.

Last edited: