ffim available in the near future?

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
Doward;1228161 said:
I love the even runner lengths.

How long are you shooting for, again?

What's the sectional area of the runners at the smallest point, currently? Will there be a smaller section, or all the same cross area?

This should answer some of your questions,

The sq area of the each runner is 1.70186 sq in at the manifold and comes out in the intake chamber at 2.79445 sq in.

The total area of the runners is ,1 set @45.53146 2nd set 44.80896 and the 3rd is 44.84844"each.

I have shorten the intake by 2.25" on the end toward the fire wall and 1.00" on the front end.

Now I am talking about the new redesigned intake that Jack is working on loading up for you all to see.

I am now looking at a stock looking intake with the runners turned in and giving me room for the cold start to go in the center of the inside runners, like in the stock position.

I do believe that I can add a pad and tapped hole just behind the throttle body to locate the EGR at.

I hope that Jack will add the new pictures before I get this posted.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
92nsx;1228236 said:
WOW, NashMan you really need to start proofreading before you post.

better and more things added

thing i whould find nice to see one built from scartch is

1 rubber o ring sealing thick not small you get the idea makes shit easy and cheep no
buying gasket's and easy install

2 ovle to round runners

3 egr i hate to say it but most of every other after maket manfold just does not include one so why should you most places in cail you pop your hood and modded the motor they can fine you bad this is what i have bena told

4 plus why not make 2 vertions one egr one and releas the none egr frist to make money them meld them togther later on

5 make the flange blank let the user drill for his own bolt pattern even kid with hellmet that bang's his head on the bus window can oppate a drill or no some with one
or have temp plates of diffent thottle bodies befor sell ask what thottle body there use drill befor sell and charge 5 bones extra to do it for them or some thing

just make the comon size for poeple that want 90 tell file it dremmle it ect

and as for the dame thing ian mention i herd and sean it on the web befor too but only on the rb26 it was on the itb set up thou if that makes a diff

oh yae and if you can most likly can't plastic whould rule since no heat soak

oh yae need more space form the last runner be the looks of it

and how many leter does it hold

i am not to found of the gap between the runner 3 big gap 3

all so most cars cold start don't even work why added it in new one form dealer are very exp and not worth buying i live in canada were it is pretty freaking cold my car start's up fine

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
funky_monkey58;1228264 said:
^ I don't think you have read this thread entirely.

I have seen the work Greg puts out and I can guarantee this product will be no exception.

yes i skimmed the thread forgot abotu the last 2 pages

but thus are my opions

runners should not be bunched up in 3 pairs of 2 = spaceing is the key and = leagth

and the codl start cna go any ware to certon point if he decides to keep it

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
funky_monkey58;1228264 said:
^ I don't think you have read this thread entirely.

I have seen the work Greg puts out and I can guarantee this product will be no exception.

Theres always room for improvement especially in the R&D stage.

MKIII TURBO60-1

Dec 29, 2008
Ocala,Fl
adampecush;1227166 said:
looks like a great design, and makes me feel like a bit of an idiot for putting so much effort into getting my MK4 manifold to fit...

If flanging for the q45 tb, be wary of the clearance between the throttle arm (at WOT) and the hood...I wasn't, and now I've got to re-design the throttle arm.

I LOVE SUPRASPORT, I WANT ONE LOL, im glad to see that its cast and not welded, no worries about breaking welds, just one question, are the iac and cold start injector going to be placed relative to stock or no, dont matter to me just currious????:biglaugh: im excited and scheduled to come out around my b-day 2

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Well it will be a happy birthday for you!

The CSI is in the same spot, ISC,,IAC or goal is to tuck it on the bottom between the flange and plenium and an EGR ready port on the back.

Once we get it all figured out if something had to move and wire need to be extended or so it will be included in the kit, It has to be bolt on when we are done, no wire splicing or hardware store part runs! We HATE getting a new part and having to run to a hardware store for simple usually cheap parts

Last edited:

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
adampecush;1227166 said:
looks like a great design, and makes me feel like a bit of an idiot for putting so much effort into getting my MK4 manifold to fit...

How stupid do you think I feel for discussing in detail with these guys my plans for these exact same parts. I have already spent many hours designing all these same features into my products.

Its nice to know who I can trust. I guess its just business huh?!?!

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Us?

I don't think we make any of the same parts do we? We have talked to hundreds of people about building the FFIM for us going back awhile now. Our first idea was making a bolt on for the lower runners and have changed to what you see now.

Are you thinking we are using your idea for the FFIM? I don't remember ever talking to you about them. I think we talked in Vegas but I don't remember what exactly or what products. I thought we were talking about your BBK

Sorry if I am off key here Andy but we are not using any previous designs as our models, that has been our goal from the beginning

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
MKIII TURBO60-1;1228337 said:
so u will get to use stock throttle cable 2, or is it going to be included in the kit

I'm thinking were are going to offer the FFIM a couple different ways, unit only you can do all your own TB setup, or our a few different kit versions

Kits will have the linkage setup worked out that will work for our TB's.

Last edited:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
good luck on this jack.pleasing the mkIII crowd is very difficult.some of them don't understand that modification's are needed for something like this.this is changing the orientation of the tb,so of coarse ic piping will need changing.throttle cable will need changing,getting rid of the stupid bell crank is a plus anyway's.
anybody who doesn't have enough common sense to know the stock IC and piping won't work with this,shouldn't be attemting this mod.
all the added part's being requested to build a kit is just going to drive the cost up and alot of the mkIII crowd is cheap.

nashman's idea of the blank tb flange is worth thinking about.maybe a template with a couple of different pattern's.then just drill and tap at the request of the buyer

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
SupraSportJack;1228390 said:
Us?

I don't think we make any of the same parts do we? We have talked to hundreds of people about building the FFIM for us going back awhile now. Our first idea was making a bolt on for the lower runners and have changed to what you see now.

Are you thinking we are using your idea for the FFIM? I don't remember ever talking to you about them. I think we talked in Vegas but I don't remember what exactly or what products. I thought we were talking about your BBK

Sorry if I am off key here Andy but we are not using any previous designs as our models, that has been our goal from the beginning
Oh I am not saying anything about the actual design. I am 100% confident it is 100% an original design of yours and something you can make full claim to.

But I vividly remember discussing the subject of a cast aluminum FFIM for the 7M and the 1JZ as we sat in the bleachers at the Strip. Also many of the features you are incorporating are features I am sure we discussed. As I think of the features the masses would want, it is obvious, that which ever way we came to it we would probably come to very similar solutions and very similar features. I am disappointed I didn't get on this sooner, I must tip my hat to you for executing this product first. I am sure you did get many calls for a FFIM and Im sure most consumers don't pay attention to a businesses strengths and manufacturing mediums. Obviously you would never tackle a welded manifold or a plastic manifold, since one is not your medium and the other has psychotic tooling costs.

My apologies for my earlier knee jerk reaction to seeing this post.

Sincerely, GOOD LUCK and hope there are no hard feelings, like I said, I am just disappointed I didn't get on it sooner.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
arz;1228376 said:
How stupid do you think I feel for discussing in detail with these guys my plans for these exact same parts. I have already spent many hours designing all these same features into my products.

Its nice to know who I can trust. I guess its just business huh?!?!

Andy,
What are you talking about? I did not use your's or anybody's ideas for the intake manifold you see here. I have made many changes from my first try at this the other day. That was due to the fact that I made the manifold too large and also I wanted to have the "stock look" in it.

If you did talk to me about your manifold in LV, I did not hear you, or understand what you were telling me. I am very deaf and miss a lot of what is being said.

This is totally my design of what I want to end up with, although I have been listening to what is being offered here in this thread.

If you feel that I have stolen your thinking, I will wait to finish mine until after my operation next week. This should give you time to release your intake on your site and then I will release mine after that.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The problem with producing blanks is it is slightly less work than making it a finished product. We have already got the flange locked in as the Mustang bolt pattern for a 90mm. That allows us to make the largest opening and make one adapter plate, so far it's been the easiest thing we had to figure out.
Kit prices will vary and get more expensive as they get extensive. I love making up nice kits and gives me something else to do besides sit on the phone all day.
On a retailer side it's worth putting more time and investment in now to be able to stock one part that fits many customer requests.
The EGR was a part that we had no intention of offering but I have talked to I think half the state of California the last two days and we see the point now. It is dueable and I am digging through a box of removed parts tommorrow to see if I can find the removed EGR off my car. I am going to try to incorporate the stock system into it. CSI is on it and the ISC or IAC is figured out too. Looks like I will have the 3D print done much sooner than expected!!

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Toy-Rific;1228486 said:
Andy,
What are you talking about? I did not use your's or anybody's ideas for the intake manifold you see here. I have made many changes from my first try at this the other day. That was due to the fact that I made the manifold too large and also I wanted to have the "stock look" in it.

If you did talk to me about your manifold in LV, I did not hear you, or understand what you were telling me. I am very deaf and miss a lot of what is being said.

This is totally my design of what I want to end up with, although I have been listening to what is being offered here in this thread.

If you feel that I have stolen your thinking, I will wait to finish mine until after my operation next week. This should give you time to release your intake on your site and then I will release mine after that.
No no no, Greg, Im not saying anything of the sort. Like I said I am confident your design is 100% yours.

That is a very generous offer, but I am more than a month off in my design. I cant dedicate as much time to this effort, as you guys are able to.

Again I am very sorry for my knee jerk reaction.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
arz;1228480 said:
Oh I am not saying anything about the actual design. I am 100% confident it is 100% an original design of yours and something you can make full claim to.

But I vividly remember discussing the subject of a cast aluminum FFIM for the 7M and the 1JZ as we sat in the bleachers at the Strip. Also many of the features you are incorporating are features I am sure we discussed. As I think of the features the masses would want, it is obvious, that which ever way we came to it we would probably come to very similar solutions and very similar features. I am disappointed I didn't get on this sooner, I must tip my hat to you for executing this product first. I am sure you did get many calls for a FFIM and Im sure most consumers don't pay attention to a businesses strengths and manufacturing mediums. Obviously you would never tackle a welded manifold or a plastic manifold, since one is not your medium and the other has psychotic tooling costs.

My apologies for my earlier knee jerk reaction to seeing this post.

Sincerely, GOOD LUCK and hope there are no hard feelings, like I said, I am just disappointed I didn't get on it sooner.

Andy,
No worries, I didn't go to the drag strip the last two years but it doesn't really matter too much. If our ideas are close it's obvious great minds think alike. There is really only so many ways to make this part, as Greg mentioned it has REALLY evolved from the initial drawing we did the other day.
I was definently caught off guard on the first post thats why I wasn't real sure how to take it.
I'll buy you a beer at SILV09...sound good enough?