Bad so far with Setheron71.

Status
Not open for further replies.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I think this is going to turn into one of those, "maybe I shouldn't have said that", threads.:icon_redf ::shootme:: ! For you to be in need of $75.00 that badly(which is rightfully Seth's $ now) that you would come on here and bash him, doesn't say much for you, or your character!:3d_frown: There are people that own these cars, whom are spending many thousands of dollars! and you are complaining about needing $75.00 back that badly. I'm very sorry,(figure of speech!:icon_razz ) but maybe you shouldn't even own a Supra to start with!
Seth, is not only a good business man, but a good guy to boot! And, he does spend a fair amount of time and effort to build these manifolds for our community. I think him giving you half back, is more than fair! You should not have started this thread, no matter how unfair you think the deal was for you! Once words are spoken, or written down for others to read, it is too late to take them back!
I'm sure you will end up regretting this in the end.
$75.00, by the way, is about a tank and 3/4 of premium that my Supra will burn up in about a week of driving. Don't you have any friends that could have just given you the money to hold you over. Seth would have built you the manifold later on, when you could have afforded it.Think about it...
Tom
(In Seth's corner fo' shur!):icon_bigg

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
I am an 18 year old that works for the money I have. $75 is a lot to me. I shouldn't own a supra?? You don't know me. I don't go around saying you shouldn't own shit you do. I'll let paypal decide the ending factor on this.

I am only posting to show that I am unhappy and seth has done nothing to try and fix the problem besides threaten me. a mod can lock this thread and when the dispute is finished I will let a mod know.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
You filed a paypal dispute for not getting your deposit back? That is absurd, you deserve nothing. I've talked to seth briefly on a few occasions and he has been very hospitable, its ashame that he had to have a customer like you.

Jon

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
HellsLegion said:
*edited by R/M... please be nice*
Don't start something you cant finish.

Financial problems or not.

i'll be qouting your word' when your motor goes, ..

why are you guys' bashin so hard? in a thread that should have been locked on the first page when people started to do so?

joe felt like he needed the 150 for some thin else. and asked for it back, recived half back, no evidence of any work and just a threat sayin you messed up.

what a comunity we have here?

about the only people who posted half decent post's are the one's out of high school guys! come on now.

you could have just stated seth' a good guy, he did more then most would with a deposite. and left it at that.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
JoeC said:
seth has done nothing to try and fix the problem besides threaten me.
He gave you half your money back, thats more than most places would for a custom made piece...
JoeC said:
a mod can lock this thread and when the dispute is finished I will let a mod know.
done...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Pimp, I dont really think there is any "bashing" going on here... Hells had something uncalled for, i took care of it... But the fact is, that most people have valid points... And I dont think that people are so much standing up for "Seth" as they are standing up for the world of custom made parts... Those of us who are making those "half decent" posts are people who deal in custom work in one way or another, so we understand how it is to be on the end of the "guy who has the reason" for putting us in a bad spot... I've never done business with Seth, Ive never really even talked to the guy, but I know what position he's in... And I understand Joe's point of view... However, I would call this a lesson learned, and the next time Joe orders a one off piece, he'll follow through, and the next time Seth takes a deposit, he'll make it clear that it's nonrefundable... I think the split 50/50 is a fair one, because Seth didnt keep 100% of the deposit, and Joe didnt lose 100% of the deposit...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
03-11-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=544212&postcount=540
JoeC said:
I'm having Seth build me one. I went with him because I was told Ron stopped makin them
So I suppose this is when you went to Seth?

03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=549233&postcount=82
JoeC said:
this is officially the most productive thread I've ever made. I feel a tiny bit *less* intelligent. LOL.

Any ways. Got the maft pro in my car and my bro has been fine tuning it whenever he can. We have plans to go to PIR this weekend and race his friend's built honda that is supposively fast. Ordering my Ron R intake manifold this weekend and buying a bigger turbo soooon!
Feel free to explain tis... It certainly APPEARS you arent having money problems at all if last weekend you either DID or were at least planning to order a FFI from Ron... Thats pretty messed up Joe... Now you want to talk about how BAD this community is when you cant even be honest about the REAL reason you cancelled your order with Seth...

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Wow, I'm disappointed in myself that I said he should get all the money back. Now, I say you should be blessed that you got back anything at all. That's not cool in my book

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Please read my post for the real story. And if he really did order one from Ron I will get my money back. There is a difference because of timing. If I make a custom manifold just to make one I have to sit on it until it sells. The whole point of taking orders is so they are presold and more fast. Anyways read my post here:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40878

Pimp I can build a complete manifold of his specs in 4 days so until you know anything about my abilities please keep your opinions to your self as you and he are in the same group of "Kids" who I will tell sellers to beware of. Obviously you are his friend being from the same area. As well he has not asked for proof. I can send as stuff now and when I return from CHina.

Those who back me I thank you greatly for trying to beat into his head what I tried to. But long story short his money is returned, 2 days ago, and my account is still froze.

Please end the dispute and grow up!

Thank you,
Seth

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
So you refeunded all his money? :raises eyebrow: You are a much nicer guy than me I suppose, because I wouldnt... And after reading his posts, I would be absolutely infuriated...

BTW: Buckshot, I didnt wanna lock it, I want Joe to explain this shit...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thats what got me so furious about this... Its not that he backed out, but he LIED about it and tried to make a solid member of the community look bad, and Seth does something that VERY few do: he makes CUSTOM ffi! Joe even said it himself, he NEEDED Seth because the ONE other guy that makes them wasnt making them... But as soon as that other guy was up and running, he screws over Seth to go to the other guy and doesnt have the balls to admit it and lies about it... And then they want to question this communities ethics and in reality, its them who are the ones with the shallow ethics...

Sometimes I think its a good thing I dont have the Ban Hammer.........

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im trying to keep it civil, know what I mean... Trust me, you may have said what most of us are thinking, however, this is a pretty serious matter, serious enough that it may warrant further action... So we have to keep the language as civil as possible...

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Anybody wanna lend me the ban stick? What else is a deposit for? I personally will never do business with JoeC.

Status
Not open for further replies.