Aussie MKIII chitchat! (all welcome) NWS

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
haven't found a 2jz starter yet, which isn't a problem, cos i haven't had time to get under the car again anyway, and won't until some time next week at the earliest... going straight from work to the motorplex today and there all day and night tomorrow, then up to yanchep with some local hot rodders on sunday and back to work monday... and if i don't get it done by the weekend, it won't be happening that weekend either, cos the v8sc circus is in town, plus there's a drag meeting as well...

and while i didn't find a starter, i did ask a mate of mine about it and he is pretty sure a) it's the contacts and b) he's got a couple of sets of new contacts at his workshop... so will get the starter to him when i finally get it out of the car and see what the go is...

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
Finally got some parts in the mail last night. Although one package looked like aust post had torn it open looking for money. Useless wanks. Stuff from SS should be sent out soon if it hasn't already... had to cancel one item 'cos of it being on back order tho. good thing I'v decided not to rush. :p

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
putting my gearbox back on tonight and the thing wouldnt go on properly ??
wouldnt mate up nicely to the block.

took the box back off because i didnt drive the spigot in all the way and proceeded to do so.
after driving it in to where it should sit, attempted to put the box on again and the same thing.
had a look in the viewing window and noticed that the input shaft was nowhere near the spigott, so that wasnt the problem.

put the 19mm bolts in the bottom most holes on either side of the box, and attempted to slowly and easily pull the box onto the right position.
this was successfull apart from a fingernail gap at the top of the box, which i assume will be zero once i put some bolts in up there as well.
reached inside the box, and spun the clutch plate, ensuring that the spigot isnt inhibiting movement in any way.

only thing i could think of that may have caused this is that the new motor i got had been painted. including the dowels that are on the block which goes into the gearbox.
this may have caused the dowels not to fit into the box properly ( and the problem was mainly at the top part of the box )

my point to all this, is before i start putting everything else back together ( slave, prop shaft, clutch etc ) is there any other reason u guys can think of to explain the problems i have ???

i hate pulling the gearbox on and off all the time, especiallly when i do it by myself all the time :(