Aussie MKIII chitchat! (all welcome) NWS

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
pato;1464973 said:
or a hyundai getz.
rejoice

Those things rock

I remember driving one in Brisbane that we hired for the day, atleast it was a manual, though the clutch pedal was so light I thought it was actually broken

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
would anyone here be able to help me any further with my dash wiring situation.

iam trying to swap a 91 ga70 digi dash, to a 91 jza70r analouge dash.
i can figure out the fuel, temp, tacho, boost, speedo, and some warning lights.
iam fairly sure on the blinkers, and high beam light. but thats it.
no idea on any other wires ( and there seems to be a fair few )

cheers
blake

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
Pretty sure someone on sf.com.au did a full write up on it too... may have been Eldar...

Failing that, the digital -> analogue conversion has been done a few times by Australian A70 owners, so surely someone will be able to help...

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
no holidays here... :)

only got the public holidays off, and was busy for most of those with family / drags / getting drunk :)

however, have been fighting with the starter motor on mine for a while and managed to find a bit of time after work the last couple of days... the top bolt still has me beat, but i'm getting there...

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
No holidays sucks, I needed some time off for some RnR ;) Not that I actually rested much tho, working on car stuff and drawing for an exhibition.

I was actually over in perth mid december for a wedding. We were planing to head to the drags on the saturday night (wedding was friday), thought I might run into you there but they had super sprint cars on or some shit instead so we canned it. I have to say you WA'inans get some awesome weather, and some fit wild life too ;)

With the starter, try jacking the car up a bit futher. Some times the extra arm room can make a big difference.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
I can't afford to take time off anyway... used up all my leave and then some in august going to the US... (came home to negative leave on my next pay slip) and we're planning on heading back over there this august as well, for about a month... so every day is vital to me being paid while we're there... :)

ReQuieM

malicious.com.au
bonneville? I thought that was October? Cos me and my partner were looking at heading over for the month of october for the shows and bonneville salt flats... some rodders mag had a 'travel' deal on with flights hotels and hire car to do the whole october run.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
there's a couple of events out there, we'll be there in August, good weather in California that time of year too, and thats where we're starting out from and returning to...

http://www.landracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=

Speedweek in August is also the event that Norm and Vicki from Aussie Desert Coolers went and raced at last year... Have got a few mates planning on being there this year too... Tho at the moment it looks like we'll be meeting them at the salt..