Am I a minority?

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
I don't think you can call yourself a true Supra Enthusiast if you cannot appreciate the lineage of the model. The MKIV didn’t just fall out of the sky.... it was built on knowledge and experience from the previous generations. For example the oinker MK3 probably made them rethink how heavy the new model should or shouldn’t be and lead to advances like hollow carpet fibers and wing for weight reduction.

Further more it’s quite ignorant if you cannot appreciate and respect the fact that others have a passion for something different than you. I personally am not fond of the Mini but I am not going to go out of my way to take a shit on the hood of one....

I own a MK3 but get giddy when I spot ANY generation Supra, but that’s just me.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
lewis15498;1416359 said:
Yeah? While you were flaming I pissed in your corn flakes. ...and you were wondering why they tasted funny.:evil2:

Whatever.... I was kidding as I appreciate all well built cars. but you can have a bowl of above mentioned Corn Flakes... Mmmmm bet you'll like it :love:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I went to an old-school muscle car show a while ago out in the depths of Alberta; Tons of nice cars there, all 30's to 70's... except for one, a sparkling new Ford GT. I started talkin to the owner, and he asked what I had... I told him an '89 Supra Turbo. He said "Nice, the 7M?" I said, "hell yeah".

He was a damn fine automotive enthusiast, as well as both a gentleman and a scholar.

We have all kinds in the supra community, we have the low budget bailing-twine-it-together guys who just want to mess around with the Supra. We have the baller big budget builds for rediculous power. We have the middle ground, we have the race guys, the drift guys, the fab guys, the tech guys, the race girls, and all manner in between. Throw that all into an online pot and it's a big dang mess, but fun.

I've surfed a bunch of other Supra related forums, and SM is still the best. Yeah, the Supra community seems to attract a disproportionate amount of elitist jerks... but I bet not more than a Porsche or Ferrari community would.

In the end though, you have to accept that not everyone has a sense of humour about their car. Sometimes I get offended when my girlfriend calls my car fat... but it's ok for me to do it.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
Keros;1418966 said:
I went to an old-school muscle car show a while ago out in the depths of Alberta; Tons of nice cars there, all 30's to 70's... except for one, a sparkling new Ford GT. I started talkin to the owner, and he asked what I had... I told him an '89 Supra Turbo. He said "Nice, the 7M?" I said, "hell yeah".

He was a damn fine automotive enthusiast, as well as both a gentleman and a scholar.

We have all kinds in the supra community, we have the low budget bailing-twine-it-together guys who just want to mess around with the Supra. We have the baller big budget builds for rediculous power. We have the middle ground, we have the race guys, the drift guys, the fab guys, the tech guys, the race girls, and all manner in between. Throw that all into an online pot and it's a big dang mess, but fun.

I've surfed a bunch of other Supra related forums, and SM is still the best. Yeah, the Supra community seems to attract a disproportionate amount of elitist jerks... but I bet not more than a Porsche or Ferrari community would.

In the end though, you have to accept that not everyone has a sense of humour about their car. Sometimes I get offended when my girlfriend calls my car fat... but it's ok for me to do it.

Well said. It's a Supra, treat it as such. I have seen some stellar rebuilds here. I wish more people did that, than the ball and twine thing you referenced earlier.

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
Talk about early Supras, I dropped my '07 RAV4 off at Ardmore Toyota earlier this evening for some routine maintenance and as I look through the big window in the service office out to the service area I see an absolutely mint looking MkII Supra. I wonder whose it is? I know the dealership owner has a few collectibles since I have pics of his 2000GT that was in the service area a while back and they let me go look at it real close and even touch it. Next time I see him I'm asking if he owns the MkII. One time I pulled up in my MkIV to get a part and he happened to be outside and looked at it admiringly and asked me if I'd sell it...of course I said no, but it's nice that they appreciate important parts of our history.

7mgte3sgte

Wreckinyard scavenger
Apr 5, 2005
Boyd, Texas
home.earthlink.net
ive seen the whole rivalary thing first hand and in person it was the reason i first left supra's i had grown sick of it I had run into a mk4 owner just befor the Houston run i saw him in arlington just stopped to say hello and goodluck with the supra run down to Htown he responds arent you a mk3 owner I said why yes i am he goes dont waste my time and got in his car and drove off oh how that boiled my blood for the last time at the moment ...

But my buddy who is the best guy on the planet who isnt so subtle on dropping hints on how i was an idiot for letting it go that and my own dred for selling my mk3 it took 3 years and i finally got another mk3 again and let me tell you i much more perfer to be in a supra and more specificaly a mk3 even though i was on the hunt for a mk2 p-type

my feelings for the mk4 are still love hate cause most of the owners can be butts but then theres guys like Dusty from MVP who can just kick it with you no matter of the generation you own so all in all its a 50/50 mix on the supposed battle of mk4 vrs mk1 mk2 and mk3 owners but for the most part I just plan to enjoy my car as much as a mk4 owner enjoys his because back in the day when i grew up a mk3 was a mk4 to me when they came out and i still get that feeling so thats my rant and my 2 cents

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Here :)

118076-main_Full.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Why won't mark 4 owners wave hi as you pass them in traffic? they just give you a dirty look as if your car is diseased and must think by waving they may actually contract 7mgte syphlis.(aka bhg)

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
wiseco7mgt;1423426 said:
Why won't mark 4 owners wave hi as you pass them in traffic? they just give you a dirty look as if your car is diseased and must think by waving they may actually contract 7mgte syphlis.(aka bhg)

Because they do not know that a cure has been found in MHG's torqued at 75lb..... There are also prevention procedures like retorquing your stock HG so that you can have time to save for the MHG Vaccine.......... Oh and because they're stuck up Mo-nkeys.....

7mgte3sgte

Wreckinyard scavenger
Apr 5, 2005
Boyd, Texas
home.earthlink.net
Sside;1423433 said:
Because they do not know that a cure has been found in MHG's torqued at 75lb..... There are also prevention procedures like retorquing your stock HG so that you can have time to save for the MHG Vaccine.......... Oh and because they're stuck up Mo-nkeys.....

LMFAO love that and its because the monkeys dont want to associate with the mk3 owners because it means they would have to admit there were actualy other supra's befor theirs! lol

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Some of us do wave. And quite a lot of us were modifying MKIII's while a some of you were still in diapers. There's nothing productive about this little pity party your carrying on here. Get over it. There are assholes and nice guys in every group of car owners. Just ignore the assholes.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Agreed, a lot of people drive cars and have NO IDEA what they have, so waving at them doesn't always get a reaction...

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
LMAO this is so true.. I was in traffic with my supra and saw a Forest Green MkIV with sum HiD's pulling up.. and im like Niice.. so it pulls up and the driver turns out to be a hot ass chick... so I was looking at her wheels n when i look up at her I got the " OMG wtf r u driving " face from her... Made me wanna smoke the tires in front of her and leave sidewaayyz...

dmd0652

Jun 7, 2009
NH
SUPRA LOVE

My brothers car and mine. Isn't that nice...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32422&stc=1&d=1256870167

How rare is this?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32423&stc=1&d=1256870211

Don't have one with an mki...yet. I don't care what kind of car it is, supra, subaru, ferrari, whatever. You know you're true car enthusiasts when you see them. I was exchanging thumbs up with a spanking new Aston Martin Vantage a few weeks back. Some of my favorite times are those cruising with my brother, him in his supra, me in mine. That's what it's all about. Share in the enjoyment. Enough said.

Attachments

• IMG00013-20090513-1522.jpg
    IMG00013-20090513-1522.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00007-20090717-1707.jpg
    IMG00007-20090717-1707.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 29

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
dmd0652;1439663 said:
SUPRA LOVE

My brothers car and mine. Isn't that nice...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32422&stc=1&d=1256870167

How rare is this?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32423&stc=1&d=1256870211

Don't have one with an mki...yet. I don't care what kind of car it is, supra, subaru, ferrari, whatever. You know you're true car enthusiasts when you see them. I was exchanging thumbs up with a spanking new Aston Martin Vantage a few weeks back. Some of my favorite times are those cruising with my brother, him in his supra, me in mine. That's what it's all about. Share in the enjoyment. Enough said.

^^^ EVERYBODY should share your ideology.;)

Great post.

I loved my '84... '87 N/A... and current '89T. (NOT to mention the '04 Solara, which is GREAT DD material!)

...someday I'll have a MKIV as well, and I'll still smile at every other year and model of Supra I see. Always enjoy the enthusiast and his machine... whatever it may be.

My first car was a little Toyota Carina coupe... in Japan.:biglaugh:

Loved it.

-crisp