Am I a minority?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
:icon_confIs something supposed to be wrong with the mk3's since yall feel like yall have to excuse yourselves?????

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Another MKIV owner here. ;)

rawfish;1414515 said:
Just joined this forum for the local section and it seems as this whole forum is for pre 93 supra's. Not that their is anything wrong with them, just an observation.

any other MKIV owners?

There are actually quite a few. SM started out as a MKIII dedicated form, and the bulk of the users are MKIII owners, however over time we've been attracting more and more MKIV owners who have gotten tired of the crap that goes on at some of the other sites. We've got a lot of MKII owners as well.

Nick 95 6sp;1415136 said:
yes, I'm another one....not that there's anything wrong with the MkIII's! ;)

Sside;1415137 said:
:icon_confIs something supposed to be wrong with the mk3's since yall feel like yall have to excuse yourselves?????

RogueSteel;1415154 said:
It does seem that way doesn't it lol:sarcasm:

The generation battle goes at some other sites, we try to keep that crap to a minimum around here. Supra owners are a small enough group without "generational infighting".

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Atleast you don't even have to post tech questions in "other cars". :biglaugh:

(because you're not branded as a Celica...)

I kid... I kid...

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
mkiiSupraMan18;1415161 said:
Atleast you don't even have to post tech questions in "other cars". :biglaugh:

(because you're not branded as a Celica...)

I kid... I kid...

nice subaru signature...and avatar ;)

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Altezza576;1415221 said:
MK4 owner here..... you know.... "the REAL supra" :D

Don't know if you're being serious, but either way, those are the types of MK4 owners that I hate with a passion because of their ignorance

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Sside;1415824 said:
So mk1 mk2 and mk3 are fake? :nono:

Moy;1415881 said:
Don't know if you're being serious, but either way, those are the types of MK4 owners that I hate with a passion because of their ignorance

Now don't go getting butthurt, he's joking... A lot of MKIV owners fuck with MKIII owners just because they get so bent out of shape... ;)

IJ.;1415836 said:
Mk3's were the first of the Supra Supra's ;)

Indeed - prior to the MKIII they were Celica's ;)

Still love me some MKII's - Theresa and I were discussing a 2JZ swap into one. I'll bet a 2JZ-GE powered MKII would be a blast.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Whether you are a "minority" or not in generation, you are among a MAJORITY of "supra" owners (regardless the year) in THIS group that promote and benefit from the CLASSIEST site to tout the Supra moniker at all. I forayed into the genre similar at other sites for a spell (not long) before it became quite clear, THIS is the place to hang if you really want the QUALITY of the SITE and MEMBERS to be your community... beyond the specifics of WHICH YEAR(s) you employ in your pursuits.

Inasmuch as we are Supra Supporters, we are ALL well represented here, and in good company, mutually gaining from the quality of exchange that is encouraged and precipitated by both the participants and the moderators who so affectionately extend their commitment to character and qualities that behoove us all as SupraManian's, regardless the coat or content we wear.

Welcome and enjoy.

-crisp

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
sorry some of you guys are so touchy about a little humor...not sure what that shows, maybe a reaction to excessive abuse?

Honestly, one of the car mistakes I make prior to owning my MkIV was not buying the brand new '90 MkIII turbo I had lined up. My asshat buddy said it was too heavy and talked me into buying a Mitsu GS-T and I didn't know any better :(

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Mitsu GSX, I could forgive...but a FWD, Nevar! :sarcasm:

All kidding aside a supra, is a supra, is a supra. I would like to own every generation. Sadly mk1 and mk2 supras are almost impossible to find around these parts, and the few mk4 supras are kept in vaults.

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Supracentral;1415942 said:
Now don't go getting butthurt, he's joking... A lot of MKIV owners fuck with MKIII owners just because they get so bent out of shape... ;)

Indeed - prior to the MKIII they were Celica's ;)

Still love me some MKII's - Theresa and I were discussing a 2JZ swap into one. I'll bet a 2JZ-GE powered MKII would be a blast.

There is a guy here in Phoenix, his name is Jacob I met him at our local racetrack (firebird). He has a MKII and is doing a 2J swap and man that sounds insane! I would really like to have a ride in that!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I think I have one of these.

ms07s;1416010 said:
All kidding aside a supra, is a supra, is a supra. I would like to own every generation. Sadly mk1 and mk2 supras are almost impossible to find around these parts, and the few mk4 supras are kept in vaults.

Supra is a supra, but they're all not created equal.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Really, I been joking :p.... I actually never imagined soooo much rivalry between the Jelly-Bean and the Mk3 when I first got my car... We should be able to (in a good way) be able to make fun of our cars without getting into eachothers skin....

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Sside;1416130 said:
Really, I been joking :p.... I actually never imagined soooo much rivalry between the Jelly-Bean and the Mk3 when I first got my car... We should be able to (in a good way) be able to make fun of our cars without getting into eachothers skin....

I've always felt the same way, however there seems to be a never ending supply of assholes who don't.

I truly believe the Fast & Furious is to blame for the bulk of it. It created a whole generation of dumbass kids who think that the only real Supra is the MKIV. Unfortunately it's also created a huge number of MKIII owners with a borderline inferiority complex. I'm not even going to get into the handful of MKII owners that get downright nasty about how much they hate other generations, especially the MKIV.

I've owned over a dozen Supras, mostly MKIII's and a couple of MKIV's. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses. The Supra community is very small (look at how few of these cars there are compared to Mustangs, F-Bodies and Honda's...) but it's never been able to band together. Maybe this car just attracts a different kind of owner.