88 Blue Turbo restoration/upgrade story

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
I think it would be OK. Your driveway isn't that steep. I would be most worried about stopping the car once it got into place. I would make sure to use something solid to stop the wheels once in place (or even better someone to work the brakes) and go very slow. It would be a shame to mess up your new rear bumper paint though.

Time to get the engine back in!!

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I don't think pulling will work... the incline is up to the garage, so whatever is doing the pulling will have to be beyond the garage in the house. LOL. I'll def have someone in the driver seat working the brakes and steering. I'll use plenty of padding, I'm just concerned the Lexus will slide UNDER the rear bumper of the Supra since the Sc is pretty low itself and plus the incline etc etc. As for my engine... no idea man. Machinist is still working on it I guess.... ugh. But even if I got the engine back today, I still have a plethora of things to finish and send off for work, like my downpipes for wideband bungs, torque converter, tran oil pan for temp bung.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
1289612236_2_FT6781_p1070516.jpg

This little piece has 1/8th npt threads and 9.5mm (3/8ths) tube fittings. The site (poweredbymax or gtfactory.jp) lists these as fuel pressure sender adapter fittings. Can I use this for temp sensors for my trans line? or do temp sensors need different fittings than pressure sensors? If I can use this, that will allow me to avoid tampering with the trans oil pan.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
hmm well if you use it in the trans cooler either the temp is going to be on the feed side or return, so you wont get an actual fluid temp.With it in the pan you get the actual trans oil temp as its being sucked up the filter. I personally would just weld a bung on the pan.

On a side note, thought I'd let you know I replaced your separator plate with a different one, yours was a earlier trans and had the steel balls that ate into the steel plate and just tore it up bad. Its all good to go now and you should see a big difference in trans performance and shifting!

p1821140_1.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
@Devin ic ic =D how much power are you putting through ur a340 right now?

@FullNelson I thought about a similar idea (not sure what a come along is) but then I remembered that this house is one of those fast expansion cookie cutter houses where quality is not exactly the top priority, so I'm afraid I'll just pull down half the house trying to pull the Supra in that way LOL.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
damn... those do look handy... Alas, this is not my house... so i must make do without any modifications to the garage lol. In other news, I just got 12ft of 1/8thx1in aluminum bars. I'll be making brackets soon =D. And I'll probably have lots of leftover aluminum XD. I love McMaster Carr for raw supplies.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
It doesn't have any :( the whole garage is walled and ceilinged like a normal room... cookie cutter house with "complete" garage.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Don't you have friends that can come over and help push the car? Lol. You don't think using the SC's going to break clips and possibly crush the rear bumper on the MKIII? Just a thought.

I think my driveway's more steep than yours and it only took three people to push mine and my bro's (full weight 89) into our garage. Shouldn't be too bad if you just get two friends to help. Easier said than done I know haha. Good luck though.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Honestly I may just run around the neighborhood and find some guys to help out. I'll prob need 3 other guys since I'm gonna steer it =D. Not gonna lie, most of the freinds I know here in Austin are little asian sorority girls... not much help. Plus it's hard to lure them out to a lonely neighborhood 30 min from downtown. Can't say I have devoted much effort to the making of new freinds after moving to Austin lol.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lithium14;1821985 said:
Honestly I may just run around the neighborhood and find some guys to help out. I'll prob need 3 other guys since I'm gonna steer it =D. Not gonna lie, most of the freinds I know here in Austin are little asian sorority girls... not much help. Plus it's hard to lure them out to a lonely neighborhood 30 min from downtown. Can't say I have devoted much effort to the making of new freinds after moving to Austin lol.
Could work if you had enough of em and think of the after party/BBQ :)

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Portland, OR. is where I lived the longest. Born in Florida and lived in cali for 2 years, then texas for 5. Cali for another 4 years during the Marines.