88 Blue Turbo restoration/upgrade story

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
ugh... hopefully within a month. Sergio said he's dropping off the new crank this week. I'm waiting for all my parts to come back/arrive. Once I get the engine, I still need to mock up oil/ps/trans lines and get any fittings/hoses I need. Then it's just a matter of collecting fluids needed (mainly just break in and regular engine oil).

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Oh man^

I should be firing it up in a couple of weeks. Then another month she should be on the road. Maybe you can come down to s.a. and hang out with the s.a. crew.

I keep seeing a gray 89+ on slaughter, any idea who it is?

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Not going to lie...every time I visit this thread... I really hope that degreaser stuff really works... I miss not having a clean engine bay :'(

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
hell yeah, dude there are quite a few Supra people in Austin too. and I found out that there is a cars and coffee here too. If we are both up and running, I'll let everyone I know know and we can meet up for cars and coffee. Also TX2K13 is gonna be insane, the MK3's are gonna show up in force with several high hp ones too, zach will prob be over 700 by then, Sergio should be close to 900, I'll be at 700 hopefully, Derek will be at 500... it's gonna be epic.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
OK, question. You guys all know how the steering wheel locks when you turn the wheel with the key out? Anybody know how to undo the lock? The car has no power and no wire harness.... locked it on accident while trying to get my steering pan off.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
LOL..... dude I'm getting kinda worried... my valve body has been in transit for 2 weeks now, crank scraper for 3... wtf is going on??? No one is responding to my emails either!!...

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I'll just leave this here:

mail

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
that, is a teflon dual sided crank scraper from Ishihara Johnson. Helps to keep oil from building up on the crank lobes and increasing rotational mass, meaning faster revs and healthier rotating assembly. Also helps to keep the oil in the pan, and not splashing about. =D The teflon makes it a zero tolerance fit, it is slightly noisier, but I'll be ok with that.

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/What is a crank-scraper.html