7M+5M+6M+M3.....Confused??? :-)

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey again.

Here is latest pics from the project.
I had to customize the crank-pulley because i dont use the servo steering and the aircon anymore.
Here is some pic from that part of the work.
Just need to fix the trigger wheel to the pulley and then it is ready to bolt on.

It is a 5m pulley that have been modified to fit on a 6m crank, and there is a pic so you can see the difference form a 7m pulley to my "new" 5m pulley.

Later i will be making my own steel pulley with dampening, because the cast iron ( original) pulley can explode at high rpm.

Havent heard about any toyotas with that problem, but some BMW have that problem.

That is why you also see that i have splitted one original 5m pulley to construct my drawings after. :)
More about that will come later.

here is some pic

Free Picture Hosting - Pixa.us

Best regards jens pedersen

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Here is latest pics from the 24v head assembling.

On the pic you will also see the modified lifters, they have been welded in the middle, and after that milled down to make the lift 1.3mm higher.

I have done a plasticine test again, to see if there is clearence enough between the valves and the piston, and there is no problem.
There will be no major damage if the timing belt is broken....
On the intake side there is 2.7mm clearence, and on the exhaust side there is 2.5mm.

So now i am a bit more calm :).

Picture Gallery with Pixa.us

Best regard Jens Pedersen

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey all.

Here is latest update.
The engine is 98% ready to start/mount in car now.

Here you will see some pic of the work so far.

I had all bolts and nuts, screws and so on electric galvanized, and i am very happy with the results :).

Here is some pic.....

Imagehosting - Pixa.us

I like the black/white combination more and more.

Best regards Jens Pedersen

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
I get "giddy" nearly every time you post pics. I would very much like to hear a sound clip when it's up!

-crisp

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
The video will be there in a few days.....

The engine is runing.......and the sound.....Ohhhhh yeahhhh......i like it :-9

WRONG... I F*CKING LOVE IT ;-)......

In 6 hours the car will be at dyno.....i am looking forward to se the numbers :).