7M+5M+6M+M3.....Confused??? :-)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
6M block = early 7M block

5M compression is either 8.8:1 or 9.2:1 and the 7M-GE compression is 9.1:1... I think you might have dropped compression since you still have the clearance for a 2 valve head...

[flamesuit on]

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Poodles;1428740 said:
6M block = early 7M block

5M compression is either 8.8:1 or 9.2:1 and the 7M-GE compression is 9.1:1... I think you might have dropped compression since you still have the clearance for a 2 valve head...

[flamesuit on]

Hey.
I will take an picture of the 5m original piston when i have the time.
Thrust me....i wont make it if it was getting lower compression :).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I wish you the best, I'd just rather you find out now that your compression ratio is not what you think instead of later and be disappointed.

Any timeline on when you'll have it all together, installed, and running? I'd love to hear an ITB 7M scream...

Last edited:

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
If you look at a 5mge piston, then it is higher in the middle of the piston.
7mge pistons is a kind of hollowed out, while 5mge pistons have a top on.
I will try to take some better pic so you can see it :).

I hope this engine is running before christmas :).....
There will be videos ASAP .

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
win.jpg

Can't wait to see this run!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Jens Lyn;1428557 said:
Yes i first made a drawing of the flange, and then had it made on a cnc machine.
The sensors is all from the Electromotive Tec3R, that i use.
It is very good :).

Electromotive Tec3r.

Good little EMS. Only part I did not like is that you are forced to use GM sensors for correct output otherwise the sensor output does not scale with what you see ni WinTEC. :( Other than that it was a nice system.

Where are you mounting the 60-2 trigger? Flywheel or custom on the crank?

Going to spin this motor to 8k also? Going with sequential fuel injection or batch fire fuel?

Other than that.

I am with Mike, can't wait to see this run!!!

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
figgie;1429274 said:
Electromotive Tec3r.

Good little EMS. Only part I did not like is that you are forced to use GM sensors for correct output otherwise the sensor output does not scale with what you see ni WinTEC. :( Other than that it was a nice system.

Where are you mounting the 60-2 trigger? Flywheel or custom on the crank?

Going to spin this motor to 8k also? Going with sequential fuel injection or batch fire fuel?

Other than that.

I am with Mike, can't wait to see this run!!!

The trigger wheel is mounted in front, pic will come when i do this on this engine.
About the rpm....i will keep on pushing the gas pedal hard to the floor as long as the power curve is rishing :).
First i will mount 6 injectors on the original place, but i will also try with 6 injectors outside the trumptes.

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
Hey again.

Just for the one who think my compression will be lower.
Here is some pic, where you can see the difference.
Also i got the new ring set mounted here, so tomorrow i will mount the pistons to the rod and perhaps also mount them in the block :)

p1431148_1.jpg

p1431148_2.jpg

p1431148_3.jpg

p1431148_4.jpg

p1431148_5.jpg

Best regards Jens Pedersen

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Supra_Villan;1431252 said:
why are there 3 valve reliefs?

Original pistons 2 valve per... now cut with 4 valve reliefs, to match the 7M head. (right?)

I see substantial differences in the dome between those... and would buy the increased compression ratio potential on that alone... but there are MANY other factors that ultimately determine his compression ratio... I believe... If he sets his motor up "high", it can be so.;)

Can't WAIT to hear this thing!

-crisp