1JZ Build..HKS...Greddy..ACT..Chrome..You Might Like It.Dont Hate :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
lithium14;1823435 said:
yes yes moar pics and updates please =D. Also I will be in the market for a catch can a little while after I get mine up and running.

Let me know when you want to place that order!

xzeror;1823437 said:
^ ditto i need one, fuck the stock canister. Any pics of the drop :p? Andy for Prez!

Pictures and update coming in a few minutes...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
So, after I drove the car for the Summer, I left the plates on and figured it would snow in the NorthEast around January, so I pulled the plates. We didn't get any snow but ehh, I wouldn't want to pay insurance and not drive it.

The semester was going and I didn't have any time to do anything on the car. I did set aside time to a few things that I had to do.

Fast forward to February. I order the Oil cooler O-Rings from Curt at Elmhurst so I could replace mine. I did not know they were the same as the 2JZ-GTE or I would have just replaced it when the engine was on the stand going through the rebuild like I did with the O-Ring that seals the oil filter housing to the block. I did not replace the one between the oil cooler and oil cooler housing. So after that was replaced I get a call from my Dad telling me the starter is bad. I knew I had it rebuilt.

I go there and put the car up on the lift and the oil cooler O-rings that were changed out leaked slowly enough to coat the starter in oil. I took it off and took it back to the place and show it to the guy and he cleaned it out and changed the brushes again even though the ones that were on there were still new. Oil isn't a good conductor. LOL

Now I am relaxing and I go to the City to get some food and I see a bunch of noobs in Civics thinking they are uber cool with their multiple color rear strut bar and one Supra guy. So I now get the feeling that the nice weather is coming and I better start ordering parts.

I placed the order for the ACT six puck clutch and got that in.
I got a Bosch 044 to mount in tank and if I need more fuel, I'll add one outside.

Now I need fuel injectors, lines and a fuel rail<--where can I get that: :ugh:

I got my Bosch 1200CC Injectors in the mail. All is well and I was smiling away until I looked at the bottom of one of the injectors. The end is fubar'd and I don't want to mess with it. I was then told I messed it up but I had numerous pictures showing calls and text messages sent within minutes of receiving my package so a theory of installation mishap wouldn't even make sense. I filled a claim as I knew I had all the proof in the world and got my money back. I found a local Honda shop that sold performance parts and kept that in mind.

About two weeks go by and I had a set of Tiens to install on my car and I didn't have the wrenches to adjust it. *Honda Shop Pops In My Head* I go on their website and they have one in stock, YEAH! So I get out of school this past Thursday and head over their to pick up the wrenches and its pretty nice inside. So I think, "Ehh, Honda shop, what do they know about Supras." I bought the Tien wrenches and asked about the injectors I wanted in the first place, ID1000. They ask what car and I just say a 2JZ and the guy I was speaking to said, "Oh, 93-98 Supra, okay." I was impressed he knew what the motor came out of. I then told him that I just wanted the injector and clips. He quotes me 700 for 6 ID1000 and I was smiling away. So I will be picking up a set from them as they cheapest I have seen was 690 without clips.

I check on ID's website and they are an approved vendor.

So now on Saturday, I went to the shop and started to install the rear coils on my car. Pulled apart the interior dropped the oil struts off and put on the Tiens. I adjusted each of them to have 1" of thread before the locking rings and it gave me the drop below. I could go low but I am not into the "hella-retarded" look and I will be putting on 18" rims soon from XXR, so I don't know how that will affect the spacing. They are low but not crazy low and lower than stock. I did not install the Tiens on the front because I am waiting on a RockAuto order to come in with ball joints, tie rods, stabilizer links and wheel bearings to come in and I will just do the whole front end all at once. I will also be installing red energy bushings as well.

Here are some pictures....

Fubar Injector

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Acurariders1325/?action=view&current=e3fc77a2.jpg

Tien Wrenches I Bought

sm_photo_missing.jpg

ACT Six Puck

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bosch 044

sm_photo_missing.jpg

After Tiens On The Rear

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I was surprised that they knew other cars.

The guy behind the counter even said, "Most Honda shops don't know much past sway bars, control arms and drop springs."

I was like :icon_eek:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Went to thee Honda Performance Shop and placed an order for the ID1000s. Yeah!

I LOL when the Honda guys were crying about the cost of a fuel rail which was 80 bucks and cam gears. -___-

Left a deposit and will pay off when they come in around Wednesday/Thursday.

a68988cb-0e60-a072.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I got the call that the ID1000 injectors I ordered came in and I went and picked them up. The sock for my BOSCH 044 also came in from Jay's Racing. I am waiting on:

-Teflon Lines/Fittings from ANFittingsDirect
-Earls -8AN Filter From Summit
- -6AN O-Ring Fitting For The AFPR From Summit
-EV14 Injector Clips From Summit

I have to get a fuel rail :ugh:, modifiy the hanger and add my own relay for the BOSCH 044.

Thank to Dustin for the site and Steven for the sock info and Albert for the info a long time ago that he agrees with my decision to go 044's. Ahh, my good ole white friends, helping one Indian at a time. :biglaugh:

On to the photos.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Fuel rail construction has begun. I am debating on a color. Any thoughts? I am stumped. So much polishing in the bay so something has to get some color.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Enraged;1826290 said:
purple to match your cam gears and injector hats?

I won't be using the top hats but I couldn't get them without the hats. -_-

Albert;1826291 said:
Purple is gay. But so is Andy. Fits him

Hey hey hey, those pictures you sent me last night.......just kidding...or am I....:ugh:

My friend said purple too, that's a choice.