1JZ Build..HKS...Greddy..ACT..Chrome..You Might Like It.Dont Hate :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Here is what I have been helping my friend on. RB25 in a S14.

Guess whose rail is that? :D

[video=youtube_share;nltu04872Bw]http://youtu.be/nltu04872Bw[/video]

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Updated Post 381 to show the video on Youtube with better quality. Yeap, thats me whisting, I was waiting for my douchebag friend to go in the car. First start on first crank!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Turned in the plates for the Supra. Time for my next round of upgrades for the winter.

-ACT 6 Puck
-My Fuel Rail. :)
-ID1000
-044 Bosch Pump(s)
-8AN Feed and -6AN Return Lines
-Wastegate Solenoid
-QSV Solenoid
-6265 <-Probable;Not Sure Yet.
-Standalone

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Here are is the solenoid I'll be using to control the wastegate and QSV. I have another one coming in the mail. I forgot about the plug in the middle when I was thinking about it and thought it was left open. The barb fitting will not be used as I have AN fittings for all my vacuum lines.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326387955.873188.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326387955.873188.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I havent done much to the car as I have been busy with getting school stuff ready. I did have a day off today and went out with my friend to pick up some ID1000s from a local shop, Enzo Racing. We talked to the owner, Enzo, and got on the topic of standalones. I asked what he liked and he stated Motec and Microtech. Fair enough, they are very good standalone units and you get what you pay for.

I asked him what he thinks of AEM V2, ProEFI and Haltech. His respone, "They're all junk, AEM and Haltech are complete garbage and ProEFI is garbage as well and their software sucks too." So I was thinking "WTF!?" I said, "What do you think about ProEFI's safety features that can save a motor that just had thousands of dollars of work done to it?" He couldnt answer me and gave me a dumb face and said "You don't need it." I asked "What do you think of Justin Nenni and his tuning,' "Shit" was his response.

I was thinking of going to Enzo's shop for a tune but now I LOL'd at that thought. Really, ProEFI is garbage? AEM V2 is good and so is Haltech but for the price of ProEFI, you get a lot more functions that will save a motor, its just that simple. The highlight of the day....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Wow that guy sounded like a tool bag that is very uneducated except for just using motec. I guess you can specialize yourself in something but if you do learn the competition to prove why you think motec is the best...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
There was another funny thing he said. "You don't need safety features because the fastest cars in the world run carbs." I wouldn't trust him with a pile of poo, much less a modified car.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gurley0916;1798816 said:
Wow that guy sounded like a tool bag that is very uneducated except for just using motec. I guess you can specialize yourself in something but if you do learn the competition to prove why you think motec is the best...
There are a bunch of tards here that 12>18 months ago were asking "what is a BHG" and are now "experts" giving their sage advice to anyone that will listen....

Like everything you need to do some research into who is telling you what instead of blindly following thier lead.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
John Reed lives by Motec and he does many many cars. Everyone who has had their car tuned and fitted with a Motec pretty much won't complain about a darn thing.....except the price. :D

If you ask Reed why he uses it, he will rattle off until you stop him and I have done research on their units in things he has posted mainly on SupraForum and when I spoke to him on the phone, and that guy really know Motec systems like the back of his hand.

This tool bag couldn't tell me why he prefers Motec over ProEFI but if you have used a ProEFI system, you would see its a lot for the money.

I met Jason, ProEFI guy, when he came to Ronkonkoma, Long Island, to wire a TT Gallardo and he saw my fabricator's Rotary 74 Bug. When he opened the software on the laptop and started to setup the safety fuel pressure table and faults, its not hard at all to do, very easy and the darn thing just works. Too bad my fabricator didn't let him take get a picture of that 74 rotary bug. LOL!

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
IJ.;1798821 said:
There are a bunch of tards here that 12>18 months ago were asking "what is a BHG" and are now "experts" giving their sage advice to anyone that will listen....

Like everything you need to do some research into who is telling you what instead of blindly following thier lead.

:bigthumb: So true. I use to be like this then learned to stay out of those threads unless I was asking for help. :3d_frown: . I'm still not confident enough to give advised. I'm just going to stick to my own stuff and leave the advised to the experts.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Dude, this thread has been dead because of school. I will update it with the new parts I am gathering.

I have just been gathering and nothing else because of school but spring break is coming. :naughty:

Getting the last set of parts this week and then making of the fuel rail and catch can.

I don't even have my own parts on my car. :ugh:

Thanks for the compliments. The driver mod separates all of us. LOL!

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
yes yes moar pics and updates please =D. Also I will be in the market for a catch can a little while after I get mine up and running.