ZOMG another BHG thread!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Once more, with FEELING!

I wanted to reiterate to all of you HOW BAD IT IS to use cheapshit Ebay head gaskets. I had the choice of using a Toyota OEM 7M gasket or using a Ebay HG that I received in a full engine gasket kit I bought for $52. I chose Ebay to see how well (or bad) it did. Thankfullly, being the BHG queen that I am, I knew the moment when it blew and no real damage was incurred from it.

Be it a lesson to everyone. Go Toyota OEM or MHG or go home.

New:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

5,000 miles later (yes, 1 whole inch of head gasket is GONE!)
p1176026_1.jpg

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
It looks like it has a fake fire ring. Thats what happend when I used a Felpro gasket too, just not as bad as missing material.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
AJ'S 88NA;1176036 said:
Still sucks though don't it? Sorry to hear Tanya. Experience helps sometimes :)

How many miles on the motor?

Yep, that was my 3rd BHG. The motor had 5,000 miles on it at the time.

mattsplat72;1176041 said:
at least it was in between cylinders didnt get all funked up

Yep. As soon as it blew, I knew. It went from running beautifully on all 6 cylinders to sounding like it was running on only 4, so I knew it was a compression blowout. It's scary that I know so much sometimes.

RazoE;1176042 said:
When the hell did you get another Supra..?!?

Anyway, wow that sucks big time, that hg looks like it exploded.!

I don't have another Supra. This is the black Supra I left behind in August. My ex finally got his camera working to send me the BHG pics, so I thought I would share.

The car BHG'd the very day I ditched him and Washington. I don't think she was happy with my decision to depart. Just a week earlier I was driving home and cursing the car for the squealing alternator belt. As soon as I finished saying "I'm glad I'm leaving you behind!" the alternator belt snapped and she left me stranded until a friend came out. She is a bitchy as her builder, that car will always be MINE, no matter whose name is on the title.