you guys think...

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
there are a couple mk3s running this rim....i think they look great, just make sure you get the correct offset, otherwise you may have to roll your fenders

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
^^^ agree they look like real xxr rims and i hear good things about xxr rims plus I like that style +1 for that they look like the work vs-xx which is a sexy rim all together

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
BorHor;1617367 said:
For the price it is hard to complain. But I know personally I would never buy a set.

I'm curious why? I know you're the rim guru...at least for fitment, and you worked in a wheels shop right?

However, even if those things aren't true I'd still be curious. :p

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
98513d1227639244-rotas-k-repicla-wheels-garbage-img0193ir0.jpg

Off brand wheels are cheaper for a reason.

Sam

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Love the hate on rota all the time. They're an OEM manufacturer and people seem to expect their wheels to take a hit from a curb a millions miles an hour...

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Figit090;1617546 said:
I'm curious why? I know you're the rim guru...at least for fitment, and you worked in a wheels shop right?

However, even if those things aren't true I'd still be curious. :p

More of a personal option. I hate getting fake knock off wheels so I don't buy them. I also do not like having a 1 piece wheel made to look like a 2 piece wheel. The wheels are cast so I don't really like that and the weight that comes with it. For me I may as well spend a bit more and get enkei RPF1's since they are super light and look decent. But that is just what I think. Now from a look stand point they look good and have a pretty good offset range for a supra so for the price like i said it is hard to beat and the look should be good too.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
87M-GTE;1617563 said:
[thumb]http://g35driver.com/forums/attachments/wheels-tires/98513d1227639244-rotas-k-repicla-wheels-garbage-img0193ir0.jpg[/thumb]

Off brand wheels are cheaper for a reason.

Sam

Poodles;1617574 said:
Love the hate on rota all the time. They're an OEM manufacturer and people seem to expect their wheels to take a hit from a curb a millions miles an hour...

Agreed, I've read a couple long and winded threads on Rota wheels, and while I probably would not really want to buy a wheel mimicking another while maintaining with a cheaper build process (heavier wheel), there wasn't sufficient evidence to support the notion that they are bad or will simply blow apart without some sort of user error; such as hitting a curb. Besides, you deserve a broken wheel if you're fucking around and curb your car in the first place. :: facepalm ::

BorHor;1617594 said:
More of a personal option. I hate getting fake knock off wheels so I don't buy them. I also do not like having a 1 piece wheel made to look like a 2 piece wheel. The wheels are cast so I don't really like that and the weight that comes with it. For me I may as well spend a bit more and get enkei RPF1's since they are super light and look decent. But that is just what I think. Now from a look stand point they look good and have a pretty good offset range for a supra so for the price like i said it is hard to beat and the look should be good too.

Ah, I hadn't thought about the fake bolts in this circumstance. I always hate the thought of fake beadlocks, so much that I greatly appreciate it whenever I see a nice truck with REAL beadlock rings. I have thought about it in sports car rims as well, but it doesn't occur to me as often. I don't like 'just for looks'...it would be cool if they would just leave them off. Form over function blah blah blah.

Yay for my 2-piece wheels! Hehe I should get them re-done, they'd look more bomb if they were shiny again. 20-ish years and the P.O. didn't do well for their accent paint nor the shine.

As far as my opinion on your choice goes Falken, awesome look to those rims, and the price does seem pretty awesome, I don't know what comparable high-end rims would cost but I'd guess twice as much?
I wonder how they'd look in white with painted white trim, or gunmetal to go with the grey trim it looks like you have.

Did you think about the 522's? They are quite different but I think they'd go nicely on a white supra, gold might be a little cliche as far as color combos go (I'm thinking Subaru as I type that?) but then again I don't see it much (if ever).

I wonder what a white supra would look like with the trim painted to match these rims...
[thumb]http://www.motorsportsr.com/catalog/2010wheelpictures/522/1910/522GOLD10H1910201.jpg[/thumb]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-X...ccessories&hash=item53e361d9aa#ht_4654wt_1165

Might be nice to have them in white but that seller doesn't have a 5-lug version, if such a rim exists.

well, there's my speculations. hope it was good for somethin'

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
ya i might buy a better brand and that weight less too... im trying to drift with my supra so those are to heavy for me lol.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

ya agree with borhor... enkei RPF1's are sick, ever since i saw that risky devil supra with them on, i want a set but damn $330 for one of the rear rims! so borhor what would be a nice off set for a supra :p im curious as well...