Yokohama s drive

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
I bought some new tires 2 days ago and am extremely satisfied with the quality that i decided to take some pictures for you guys to see. :icon_bigg

My rims are badly oxidized, any tips on how to remove it?
dsc05652e.jpg

dsc05653t.jpg

dsc05654c.jpg

dsc05656ic.jpg

dsc05659r.jpg

dsc05658i.jpg

dsc05655l.jpg

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
they are quite loud compared to my old fusions lol but i actually like the added noise now lol

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
90T04;1590747 said:
If you want to completely remove the paint on the rims you can use aircraft remover
aircraft-stripper.jpg
and the surface underneath will look shiny and new.

Yes, I did this....make sure you don't get that shit on your skin though....even the diluted stuff from the water....chemical burn from it SUCKS ASS.

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
I just removed the wheels, laid them flat on the ground and spread it on with a brush. I'm not sure if it will hurt the tires but I would avoid getting it on them if possible.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
I've had 3-4 sets of S-Drives on my daily driver Mazdaspeed3 and previous ride, a MINI Cooper S. Not as quiet as a touring tire, but fairly quiet for a tire with good grip. And a relatively civilized ride, especially considering the low profile (225/45/18). If/when I make the Supra my daily driver, the wheels & tires from the MS3 will end up on the Supra, and will probably still be S-Drives unless something significantly tempting comes along between now & then.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Koenigturbo;1592633 said:
Anyone tried Hankook tires?

I know a few people running the Hankook Ventus Evo K112 (or whatever it is... too darned long of a name is what it is). They say they are in a similar class of stickiness with the S Drives, but tend to cost a few dollars less per tire. I think I did hear from one track junkie who runs them on his daily driver MINI Cooper S that the wet grip was a little off, but not bad. Nobody I know has reported running completely thru a set yet, though, so I cannot say much about life expectancy. I know that S Drives on my cars have lasted 30-50% longer in terms of miles than Falken Azenis & Kumho Ecstas, and they cost less to boot.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
The Ventus R S 3 are suppose to be a very good tire. Wet grip off? The Supra's a little heavier car, that might be a little different. I would think that the Hankooks would be better for wet grip because of the sipes on the thread block. Just my opinion.
sorry for the "hijack" back to the S drives

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

YoungGunSupra;1592695 said:
oh yes they can ^ Goodyear eagle GT...you just missed the sears sales buy 3 get 1 free...i picked up 4 tires for 350.
Is that buy 3 and get one free for any brand? Or was it just selected brands?