Yo guys, things are looking up for me now...

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
If anyone remembers my depression post, Im pulling out of it harder than a fully built 2jz off the line with a 250 shot of nitrous.

Me and my fiance worked out why we were at eachothers throats lately, its been good.

Today at work my co worker (whos got major seniority) said he wants to pull me to the machine department, more responsibility and if I do well, Ill be worth more to them, a raise!

My car is on the horizon of getting fixed, this weekend and next I plan to do it! Anyone wanna come help?

Ive started to do some standard push ups, crunches, running, tuning up my body a little for the woman, bulk up just a bit for definition. Any tips?

Im sleeping better, I can sleep at night and I feel alright in the morning, dont wanna get up at 6am but Im doing it havent been late to work or missed a day in 2 weeks!

Im raking in enough money to pay off my depts, by december I should be debt free after 3 years of this shit.

I got a lock on my door now, no more fuckin brother coming in here taking my shit!

Im hard at work thinking of a million ways to make money, enough, more than enough for me and my future family.

Im learning to defeat my insecurities, I have them bad, Im working them out.

I feel pretty damn good, thank you everyone who cared and stepped up to respond and offer advice. You guys fuckin rock.:evil2:

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Yeah, after I ran I felt like shit, I was listening to some linkin park and was like fuck it Ill run now too, I was winded BAD. Ill get my stamina back I hope

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
For some reason I always end up very depressed during the end of fall through the beginning and middle of winter. It's not hitting me as hard this year, but last year just after Christmas I had suicidal thoughts. I was stuck in a bad situation at work, and was working so much that I didn't get to enjoy my home life to get away from what was driving me down a bad road - depression was beating me hard. Sometimes you just need family, friends or oddly enough, a caring stranger [or counselor] to talk with. Some people need a healthy addiction, and some people need medication to beat depression. Some things I have found in MY bouts with being bummed out:

Alcohol is a depressant, but in moderation, helps. Control it, or it will control you.

Money and work related problems can only complicate your depression. I obsessed about these things and could not think of anything but them. If I started to have a good time, for some reason I would start to think about my troubles and it would immediately ruin whatever good time I was having. I can't count how many good times this happened, including on the weekends.

I haven't had depression plus relationship troubles, ever, but I can imagine that it would be "the crusher". By this, I mean that without my woman's love and support I wouldn't be typing this right now.

Many people don't like to "work on themselves" - it's not easy to look at what you are not happy about in yourself, especially when you are already depressed, however going to the gym can really make you feel better about yourself, and that's a really positive start. I worked out for 3 months straight in the desert, lost over 30 lbs and I feel SO much better. There are obvious and subtle differences, from the way I look and what I can wear once again, to my overall health [my wife says my heart beats much slower]. Good health and positive body image are mental and physical ways that I believe can help you beat depression.

Immersion in comedy really helped me sometimes. A light drink beforehand usually helped calm me down and really got me eased enough to enjoy myself and laugh. Once again, alcohol can help some people, but you need to limit it.

I'm very happy for you, because I know what it's like. Whether it's gone permanently, or you get it again, you beat it this time and it's made you stronger. You can get through it again if it happens. Now keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to share your problems with your family here.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Ill come help ya with the car if ya will help me find a mk3 and possibly helpin me work on the future mk3 haha.

Edit - What would ya be fixing?

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
w00t! was wondering where you ran off to. I'll be heading over next friday (27th) to help you out with your Supra and you can help me with tweaking my computer. No if, ands, or buts about it. I hope you have a spare monitor laying around cuz I don't feel like lugging around my CRT. My computer is heavy enough as it is. I'm free that day till my gf comes back home from band rehearsal. :p

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
This is certainly good news, man. Keep your positive attitude going and continue to keep those you care about close to you.

Doing pushups is a great way to get your chest, shoulders, arms and back in good shape. I would recommend doing them (as well as any exercise) every other day. Work your muscles, then give them time to rest and repair the damage you cause them (they tear when you work them hard and when they have time to repair, you get stronger). You should vary the distance between where you put your hands on the ground so that you work your triceps (hands close together) and chest (arms further apart). You can also work your shoulders more if you put your feet up on a chair or something to elevate your legs. And remember, always keep your back straight and it will get stronger, too. There is no sense in half-assing an exercise because it's simply a waste of time, and who knows, you may even hurt yourself.

DM, working on yourself is very important to your happiness and confidence and I think a lot of people would rather downplay their faults (and possibly focus on others' shortcomings) rather than be willing to admit them and actively try to improve themself as a person. Good insight, man.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Ok I dont have ALOT of time to post, but what Im fixing is a spun rod, just replacing the bearings and the rod and putting it all back together.