Yay or Nay - Black Mirrors, White Supra

Black mirrors/White Supra?

• Total voters

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Poodles;1511590 said:
missmatched color body panels = looks like you have a POS

The exception is carbon fiber, and even then it looks a bit goofy.

Not a fan of two-toning?
I don't know if it applies to supras as I've only seen two with the look, but the whole "panda" paint setup IMO looks pretty aggressive on most cars

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
supra imo is not one of them. the whole body needs to be paint matched excluding the window moldings.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Two toning is cutting the car in half on the belt line and having two different colors, not different color body panels.

Window moldings are always black or chrome on cars and designed to be understated. The main body moldings are a major body line on the MKIII so it doesn't follow the same rules.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Well with the targa, the A pillars and top connector strip all painted black, a black bra, and one of those short black rubberized antennas it would be looking pretty sweet. All white just looks too plain. My '87 RX7 GX had some contrast and it looked better than the all white GXL model. Whatever floats your boat. You're the one behind the wheel.

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
IMO the black doesn't make it look that bad. If you are eventually going to go with a repaint then I would say just leave the pearl on cause either way it will look like your just fixing it up. If your looking for a more permanent look then i would say its up to you but you are going to need more black to balance out the look.

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
The jury has spoken... haha.

Basically what is better... mismatched white mirrors or matched black mirrors? Such a dilemma.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Just buy a pearl white mirror off someone parting out their car or find one at a local scrap yard. Problem solved for like $50 bucks. lol