xtd clutch explosion.

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
yeah, my cheap ass is paying for it now.

xtd pressure plate exploded, cracking the bell housing.

pictures will follow when i get home

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
No, didn't get car back... was suppose to be done today... but, when they were dyno-tuning it... the XTD pressure plate exploded pretty much, tearing up the bell housing... and lord knows what else.

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
picture.php

picture.php

FUCK XTD! FUCK XTD, UP THE ASS! THE DOG GONE MO-FO's! FRIGGIN INFERIOR PRODUCT!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If the bellhousing is tweaked the input shaft fromt the tranny won't correctly align in the pilot bearing, could cause issues...

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
oh no... something I didn't want to hear... but it's not that bad... only cracks... down the webbing... it can be welded... it will work. I have faith...

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Sometime... you just have to jump with faith that everything will work out in the end. Heck, if anything goes wrong... it'll all work out... somehow.

Like on of my friends always tells me... man made it... man can fix it.

Been so down and depressed... stressing out over the matter. I cannot help but stay optimistic over it all.

Things will work out! I know they will!

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Use a dial indicator in the bell housing to check the input shaft, just to be sure it isn't bent. I've seen a few bell housings welded(usually broken due to installation error), and they've turned out fine.

Good luck to you. I've had an xtd("stage3") in my n/a for a couple of years now. The disk is fine, but it's about time to surface the flywheel and install my other p.p. The disk has cut a perfect groove into both of them the exact size of the pucks.

tekimp;1469542 said:
Sometime... you just have to jump with faith that everything will work out in the end. Heck, if anything goes wrong... it'll all work out... somehow.

Like on of my friends always tells me... man made it... man can fix it.

Been so down and depressed... stressing out over the matter. I cannot help but stay optimistic over it all.

Things will work out! I know they will!

Or do it right this time and you won't need to fix it ;)

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Please correct me if Im wrong werent the XTD pressure plates just repainted TOYOTA parts?

taken from the XTD scam thread you just posted in
"THE XTD PRESSURE PLATE IS A BONE STOCK PRESSURE PLATE, SPRAY PAINTED RED"