xtd clutch explosion.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
OS Giken & Tilton FTW.
By the time you crank the pressure up on the pressure plate (#1 cause of common crank walk in the JZ) and get a 3-4 puck (not street drivable) Then have an OEM single plate explode and take your legs out. You will realize how you would have been better with a tilton or os giken.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I just find it funny people blame "insert cheap part name here" when it was a toyota part that failed Im not condoning cheap china parts, just get the facts straight before pointing fingers theres enough misinformation on every forum around

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
i had/have and xtd clutch. i pulled it out and put a factory one with a street disk in instead. the xtd chattered and slipped like crazy. i had also heard that it is just the factory pp painted red. someone said that when bench tested against a factory pp the xtd actually held less...

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
Well, someday today... I should be getting my car back... of course. Many things could be said, but I have a horrible headache... and am gonna recover now. Jolly good day.

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
ForcedTorque;1469730 said:
Aside from the reputations of both clutches, I have always seen a tremendous conflict of interest in the XTD scam thread. It was started by someone about to start selling a new clutch.

Yet, for a dealer to say that a clutch is good for so much of a rating... and mind you, the one I bought is pretty much new.

It's hard to steer away from the fact that it is a scam... what else would you call it? For a part to come apart at 300 whp... and what not. Not even close to the guaranteed 400 (+) horsepower rating they gave it.

In the end it comes down to the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

I admit I payed for a cheap product... and I got just that... a worthless cheap product.

So the fault is totally all mine.

Sad, I didn't notice the Scam thread before I got the darn thing.

But now I know... first hand even.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Seems weird to me as all pressure plates for the gte are aisin as mentioned by poodles...Unless XTD is sourcing rejected pressure plates..which I wouldnt doubt.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ForcedTorque;1469730 said:
Aside from the reputations of both clutches, I have always seen a tremendous conflict of interest in the XTD scam thread. It was started by someone about to start selling a new clutch.

He was already selling the clutch and told that you could get the same thing on ebay for $200 less, hence the investigation.

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
oh shoot that sucks man. but where u when it exploded on u? u must have shit urself when it happened. like did u first think the engine seized or something?

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
twan;1469984 said:
oh shoot that sucks man. but where u when it exploded on u? u must have shit urself when it happened. like did u first think the engine seized or something?

i believe he said it happened on the dyno at majestic. unless of course your asking where specifically he was standing lol...check out post#3

tekimp

Airborne
Aug 8, 2007
Fort Bragg, NC
So awesome! So awesome to have my baby back! Working 100% solid! SO awesome! HA HA HA HA HA!

Bwaaaaaa.... SUPRAaaaaa... bwaaaaaa!

So cool!