XSPower has begun..

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i ended up using two 14mm bolts that i had left over from my car from parts i took off, i forgot the thread sizing but just try some 14mm ones if you have em layin around

im bout to run to the parts store so ill try to get the sizing for ya

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys a little update here. Well i needed a Gm MAP for my MAF-T and i wasnt about to pay $150 for something like this, so i went to my farvorite junk yard and i foudn this baby for $2. heheh ill cheap on everything i can. Got it from a 96 lumina. heres some pics.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys went to pep boys after work today and got some stuff spent like 25 bucks but it was well worth it. Made a replacment 3000 pipe for my MAP sensor for the maft. and i still have about 2 feet of piping left so im gonna replace more of the upper IC pipes. but heres some pics let me know how its lookin.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Bigzavs said:
so your going to run it blow through?

if you are, so far ive been running extremely rich at idle

If you are too rich at idle with the idle adjustment as lean as it will go, then you need to lean the base adjustment a click or two and retune the mid and wot settings. There is no reason it should be too rich at idle with a maft.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
oops im a lil more tired than i thought, i meant to say i was, i turned it down 3 notches and it leaned out alot, but it still needs a lil more, and i cant tune yet, only 10 miles on the new motor

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Untouchable7mgte said:
hey Bigzavs did you figure out with size those bolts were for the oil return??

crap dude, im sorry, complete brain fart, im probably takin my turbo off today so ill check on it

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
But now that you do have to drop the tank, cut out that access hole so you never will have to again, and make your own plate to cover the hole.

Also, it's a GM MAF sensor. Not a MAP sensor. ;)

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys just to let everyone know whast going on in my life I just pulled the engine yesterday and ripped it all down and order new engine today. that should be here in a week. Ill post some pics up later when i get home from work.

tom z

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
haha yea i thought i told everyone but i got some rod knock and i needed to replace the motor. heres some pics of the pull out and tear down. i should hae a new motor in 5 days. ill post some more pics then. Thank god my two friends were here to help because i dont think i would have been able to without them.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg